Saturday, January 29, 2005

Not Good Enough to Ticket or Tow

Abandoned Car in Yellow Zone Sits Buried in a Pile of Snow

at mea
A couple of weeks ago, on January 13th, I noticed a police officer writing parking tickets for cars parked at meters only along Morse Avenue, like on the car above. But the officer stopped here. This officer then went back to the squad car and took his seat under the Morse Avenue EL.

Abandoned1
As I walked to the lake I noticed this car with a flat tyre and busted right mirror and was parked in a yellow zone by the Morse Senior Home at 1250 W. Morse Avenue. This car had been here awhile but it just caught my attention because it wasn't ticketed like the cars parked at the expired meter.

At a CAPS meeting I asked if the officers were monitoring the recent stolen cars that were being left on Morse Avenue. This was a cover story in the Reader a week before the Curious Theatre Gooning story. They told me they were watching this well. I asked if cars left in one place for a long period of time were checked in the system, he said yes again.
Abandoned
Can anyone explain why this car today still sits ticket-less, in a yellow zone, surrounded by snow?

No comments:

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs