Thursday, September 1, 2005

* A Third World Country

looter39040535_990f0cd37e_m
Looters steal anything they can, including booze. photos from flickr.

Of course we have pressing safety issues on Morse Avenue. On Howard too. Gangs, Guns & Drugs. We have to deal with the deadbeat social service agencies collecting hefty administration fees and not delivering the goods. We have to deal with a Alderman who is clueless, inattentive and just down right lazy. But something has come up that has grabbed my attention.

Hurricane Katrina.

Not just the category 4 hurricane itself, but the aftermath. Natural disasters happen. Surely, this was huge. The lose of life, home and business from New Orleans to Biloxi is down right dismal. There is nothing left. Everything needs to be rebuilt.

This happens, all over the world, all the time. But I was born in the south, Baton Rouge to be exact. I lived in Amite, Louisiana for a year. My grandmother and grandfather (bebe and papa) lived there. Amite is around 60 miles north of New Orleans.

What I'm watching on all the news programs saddens me. What the hurricane didn't destroy, the people are.

Scum-Bag Looters

The act of looting. The looters. The lowlife, scum-bag looters. While many great people are trying to rescue and save lives, a select few are ruining the fabric of life, causing disruption to the system. The looters. A friend said The French Quarter appeared to have been spared the worst flooding, but its stores were getting the worst of human nature. Governor Kathleen Blanco said she was "furious" at the looting. "What angers me the most is disasters tend to bring out the best in everybody, and that's what we expected to see," Blanco said at a news conference. "Instead, it brought out the worst."

Looters rank so low on my human compassion chart. Looters have no morals. Looters should be shot on site. Those who take advantage of any disaster by looting are not humans, but wild, rabid animals. Looters should be shot on site.

The next human made problem is the gangs. Word now comes factions are fighting for control of turf in the Super-dome Refugee Camp. So to those who say we are not a third world country in the United States, look at New Orleans and tell me different.

19 comments:

Charlie Didrickson said...

Thanks for the f*$%&#@ breaking news Walter Kronkite.

Your compassion and understanding is a benchmark for all right wing cult leaders to take note of.

You should be working for f*$^&#@ FOX News or Pat Robertson.....

"Looters should be shot on site."

Don't forget to shoot the Black kids in white t-shirts!

Go get em Red Rider.......

Charlie Didrickson said...

Charlie, you are one of those soft pussies.

And you are a coward hiding behind the cover of "rogerparker" championing Craig as some sort of hero to the masses.

Get a FUCKING CLUE

Charlie Didrickson said...

Oh yeah I forgot to comment on this one the other day........

roger said: I'm in the closet because I fear Joe Moore not you Craig.

That has got to be the most revealing and funniest things I have read on this Blog ever.

xoxo

Charlie Didrickson said...

John said: I would think we all should be able to protect ourselves if someone enters our business or home to take something we didn't want them to have. Or maybe you would just give it to them, call 911 and wait 7 to 20 minutes for them to arrive to tell them what happened?

Sure John, as long as what they were trying to take was your life not toilet paper and baby formula.

911.......you must be joking. The 911 command center is under 20 ft of water. You think somebody is going to answer?

You want to see some looting? Go down to the Mercantile exchange today and check out the Crude Oil futures pit!

You ain't seen nothin yet.....

Charlie Didrickson said...

Ok now........So people are looting,steling guns,beer,plazma TV's and anything else they can get their hands on. I realize you people find that to be shocking.

You want shock value?

You don't see CNN covering this do you?

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/m4w/94702495.html

Charlie Didrickson said...

roger said: LOSER!

What are you 12?

dan2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dan2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dan2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dan2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlie Didrickson said...

jesus, i should edit these for length and grammar before i post. sorry.
# posted by dan2 : 10:13 AM

Please post again after your edit job dan.

It is people like you and posts like that one,that reminds me I really need to learn how to write more and rant less.

Thanks

Craig Gernhardt said...

I removed all the bullshit posts, rogerparker, please stop the name calling.

dan2 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charlie Didrickson said...

Can I still call you Red Rider, Craig? ;)

Craig Gernhardt said...

Dan,
Why remove the comment(s)? I get sent a copy of the messages and your post(s) were very informative. Sorry you felt you needed to delete them.


And Charlie, call me what you want. I know what you look like and where to find you if I need to. At the Morseland Bar of course.

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Craig Gernhardt said...

Tom,

You put me on the spot personally. What has Craig done you ask?

Well, Tom, my good man, I have organized ( am in the process of finalizing details ) one fundraiser for next week, and donated advertising to two other organizations, the Red Cross and the Terry Gaskens fund. This comes to about $1,500 dollars out of my pocket. Tom, I also pay lots of federal taxes owning a business, so any money Bush generously gives, a portion is coming from me too. I'll have the details finished this afternoon on the fundraiser I'm organizing just in case you want to contribute. Just doing my part. And you, you asked me, I'm asking you, what are you going to do Tom?


Tom, I have done this before here, you must have missed it, let me help you out my "FRIEND".

2005-06 DevCorp North Board of Directors

Eric Waggoner - President
Gustavao Giraldo - 1st Vice President
Rich Aronson - 2nd Vice President
Kevin O’Neil – Secretary
Ailisa Herrera–Treasurer
Glen Brooks
Tony Duncan
Dorothy Gregory
Phillip Greiner
Tommy FitzGibbon
Laurene Huffman
Michael James
Mark Kruse
Stephen Maduli-Williams
Susanne Roubik
Tina Winger

Rogers Park Community Council Board of Directors

Donald Rankins - President
Elizabeth Vitell - 1st Vice President
Cesar Izquierdo - 2nd Vice President
Jennifer Clark - 3rd Vice President 
Magaly Fernandez - Treasurer
Lorraine Dostal - Secretary
Connie Abels
Marlena Bansa
Glen Brooks, Jr.
Mina Cardenas
Emma Clay
Linda England
Lorene Hopkins
David Jones
Karrie Kindle
Jennifer Kuhn
Bill Markle
Richard P. Moran
Craig Siegelin
Norman White
Patricia Williams
One more thing my friend Tom, as for the shooting the looter? You bet I would. But see, in Chicago you can own handguns so I would pummel him with anything I could grab in my hand.

I was raised to fight for causes I believe in, protecting myself and my belongings is one of those causes I fight for. What about you?

Now, I'm offf to my morning walk near the lake.

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs