Sunday, December 18, 2005

* Best of The Morse Hell Hole '05 - Top 5 - Number 4

Here is a "Broken Hearted" story that was published on Feb 28, 2005. It wasn't until the Morse Hell Hole got to the bottom of the story before it got fixed. Because Artvideo asked, this is the best of the Morse Hell Hole # 4.

The Old Field School @ Greenleaf & Ashland
* King Killa Notice Sign - Front and Rear

Field1 Field_school
Does anyone know, Who is keeping track of the kids? Does anyone know who is keeping track of the equipment they play on? And who is keeping track of... King Killa?

* The Broken Five (5)
Field5
A simple game of number tic-tac-toe is broken.
* The Broken Plastic Circle Window
Field3
A plastic window is not only cracked, it's broke in half. Just like the kids hearts.
* The Broken Pink, Half Moon Shaped Thing
Field4
More broken parts to the playground.
* Tha Broken English
Field2
"Fuck tha Finball", whatever that means? Please tell us.

With all the grant money that is circulating to Rogers Park Community Council, Rogers Park Youth Net, Family Matter's and DevCorp North for education programs, safety programs, youth programs, streetscape programs, vacant windows programs, and housing programs. When they aren't busy holding TIF meetings...SSA meetings and Morse/Howard vision meetings. When they aren't to busy hosting fundraisers and cheerleading for our public officials and Realtors. Could these groups find some money and time for a Broken Playground Program?

Does anyone know who is keeping track of the kids?

Who is keeping track of the equipment they play on?

And finally, Who is keeping track of King Killa?

Here is the follow-up fix a week later on March 4, 2005
**************************************
Broken Circle Removed Too
Playground11
On Wednesday afternoon, I visited Field School again. I hoped the Alderman's office would have kicked in and done something about the gang turf war graffiti on school grounds. After all, it was Joe, who cleaned up Morse Avenue with all those inspections and inspectors , it's was Joe who got the camera installed. It was Joe who built the new Field School on Clark and Morse, right? Not to mention it's his job he is paid to do, he makes $100,000 a year to take care of these matters.

He is the ward boss, the head honcho, the big cheese and he and his staff were warned on Monday about this issue. I emailed him and his staff. He must have decided to ignore the gang graffiti on the school grounds hoping it would go away by itself ?

It didn't go away so I decided to help, that's what our Morse Hell Hole mouthpiece for the Alderman, Michael C. said to do.

Michael C. said "Go bug CPS"!

So I did. That's what a pest like me does.


This took a little more volunteer effort than I thought, but I still got quick results. First thing I had to do was weasle my way inside the school. I wanted to find out why nothing is being done... why no-one but Margot and I cared.

Field School is home to some 640 students, students who speak fourteen different languages. Field School teaches 4th through 8th grades and the school's mascot is the bulldog. As for the school colors... they are blue and white. Ms. Cora Suddoth is the school's principal.

My experience began at the 7019 N. Ashland side... but that door was locked. After being routed to the real main entrance on the Lunt Avenue side...after being told to empty my pockets, I was routed through a metal detector machine, the machine didn't make a sound. I was then told to pick up my stuff and was pointed to the office, upstairs and on the left.

I got inside the office just as a administrator was announcing a Lock Down over the intercom/loudspeaker system. I thought to myself, "did I just walk into a prison"?

After the dust settled, an administrator listened to the gang graffiti story, nodding her head from time to time. At first she denied any gang graffiti was even on the playground, shaking her head no. She said the school didn't hear anything from the Aldermans office, everyone would have heard about that, she didn't hear anything from a teacher...nor a janitor...not even one student. Not even our own Michael C.

She just kept shaking her head in disbelief." Was I speaking the unknown fifteenth langauge"? I asked her if she didn't believe me to follow me down and take a look for herself. But she couldn't do that, we were under lock down and it was cold outside.

She said," some graffiti was removed about a month ago and said the principal would look into it". "If there was any graffiti there, it would be removed." She thanked me for noticing and bringing it to the schools attention. She took the website address for review.

As I left, I activated the metal detector because my camera was in my pocket. Wow, the machine worked!

Still not quite finished, later in the day faxed a copy of the story to the school and downtown. I figured if this didn't work, I was resigned to removing the crap myself.
Playground_15
By Thursday afternoon the Graffiti Busters moved in and cleaned the school up. They took out the broken plexi-glass circle but couldn't quite fix the broken tic-tac toe - number five and left the half moon shaped, pink thingy. Alderman Moore could you look into this or do I have to do this too?

No comments:

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs