Monday, January 30, 2006

* 49th Ward Democrats Campaign Mascot

Exclusive Photos of "Happy Heart" of Rogers Park
There are some powerful lawmakers campaign signs posted in this 49th ward campaign headquarters window. Cook County Clerk David Orr, U.S Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, Alderman Joe Moore, Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin , State Rep Julie Hamos and head cheerleader, David Fagus.

But as you can see, nothing stands out like the 49th Ward Democrat mascot "Happy Heart" of Rogers Park which comes complete with his own cheerleading sign... I love Rogers Park and sub-tag-line.

Up close- you can see exactly who "Happy Heart" is targeting.

That's right, "Happy Heart's" long lost twin and now arch rival, "Broken Heart" of Rogers Park.



Who knew you hated me so much? I'm crushed!!! The "Broken Heart" is truly crushed.

I just wish you didn't think I was a bad seed "Happy Heart"....

10 comments:

~A4O~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hugh said...

The Bad Seed (1956) Directed by Mervyn LeRoy

gf said...

craig-

you should sneak someone in there one day and have them stuff some fliers in the hearts' left hand.

Charlie Didrickson said...

I agree with rogerparker.

What is more interesting to me is what is not in the window.....

I will say nothing else about it......


Ever

Hugh said...

Where's Stroger?

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I had a horrible day today, but this post just redeemed it. I haven't laughed so hard for some time...

And I loved the follow up suggestions such as stuffing the doll's "hand" with MHH flyers. Hugh's post with the "Bad Seed" film info was great too - I highly recommend this film, by the way, it's a camp classic about a cute and sociopathic little girl and her hysterical, incompetant mother...

You should copywrite "Broken Heart" though...then they would have to put the "tm" everytime...

Boy, maybe election season will be more fun than I thought...

Pamela said...

Damn that's an ugly pink heart.

Unknown said...

At this point in the thread, I think this is an opportune moment for toto to sing a song.

(toto, please insert a relevant song that can be sung to the melody of "Mr. Hanky the Christmas poo" for all us South Park fans...)

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs