Friday, January 12, 2007

* Thank You Readers & Contributors


With the election fast approaching, finding news and information about the candidates is a 'hot topic' according to google. I get dozens of requests and redirects from Google and the other search engines for when they type in a candidates name. It's not even 7 AM, and I've had over 50 readers visit the 'Broken Heart' this morning with six candidate requests. Don't you guys sleep? No, I'm not telling which one candidate is requested most. I'll give you a hint though, the last name begins with G.

The above graph is the traffic to the Morse Hell Hole site since I've installed the new stat counter on Saturday. Tracksy crashed and I took it off. The new information 'Stat Counter' shows site traffic has dramatically gone up.

This week we've been averaging 625 unique visitors (IP addresses) a day. Yesterday we topped that with over 650 readers. Could a 1000 readers a day be that far off? Try filling a debate room or community meeting room with that many people? Now that's an audience.

Where-as, my readers come and go at their own free will. I don't force feed, e-mail blast my stories out... anymore. (I just had to throw that where-as in!)

Still, don't forget to tell your friends about the 'Broken Heart'. This is the internet, there's room for EVERYBODY!

Again, I thank all my readers for stopping by. I'll try to give you the most in-depth coverage of the 49th ward election, just as I continue to focus on problems and issues. As always, feel free to lurk or leave comments. And don't be afraid to send a tip for a future story.

For Hugh, Julie, Margot Hackett, Jim Ginderske, RP Neighbor, John on Farwell, Rogers Park 60645, Pro Gun, Crimestopper 2, Pamela, Lois Laine, Toni at 24/7 Howardwatcher and Michael Harrington (yes Michael too), thanks for your help in sending tips and filling in when I'm out traveling the great USA dirt-bikin'. You guys have added great content to the site.

Thanks for reading and contributing to the 'Broken Heart'. Stay tuned, this should be a exciting couple of months - and as you grown to expect, the 'Broken Heart' will be there covering the play by play action for all to view.

Craig

4 comments:

fedup dem said...

Keep up the continued good work!

Hugh said...

Thank you, Craig!

BrianH said...

I found the site a few weeks ago, when looking for info on the election, and I'm hooked. Great job keeping up with all this.

By the way, not sure how newsworthy it is anymore, but I witnessed a couple of kids break through a window at the corner store on Lunt & Sheridan, last night around 4am. A smash 'n grab for Newports, apparently, and they weren't exactly subtle about it. Owner says it's the third time it's happened; he put bars in on the Lunt side, but didn't figure anyone would be stupid enough to come through on the Sheridan side. He also says they got scared off by the alarm before they could steal much of anything (they rumaged through the Newport Lights, but were apparently brand loyal enough to continue searching in vain for regular Newports, and eventually left empty handed). They took off west down the south side of Lunt before the police showed up-- I lost sight of them, but I'd have a few guesses as to which building they were headed to exactly.

Again, I'm not sure it's even newsworthy, but I know the store owner there pretty well, and it's sucks to see him have to go through this because some kids were willing to commit a felony for $15 worth of cigarettes.

Jocelyn said...

thank YOU Craig! We check the blog pretty much every day and more than once. We look here to see what is going on in the ward and we care alot!

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs