Friday, February 9, 2007

* A Reader Challenge

Hi Craig:

I've been reading your site again. With a bad head cold, I could not make the forum, so I grabbed what I could off your video. Sorry you could not get more, but thanks for what you did have.

I am curious to know if you have a sense about whether the people who are posting are doing anything offline to help a candidate get elected. I know that there are partisans on the site who likely work for a candidate, but I also wonder if there are people who may be less partisan.

An interesting thread, question, or challenge would be to ask people to talk about what they did besides read the blog and/or post. Alternatively, you could challenge people to do specific things, such as get candidates' signs in windows (and take photos), pass literature (and take photos), etc. You know what it is like to volunteer on a campaign in the dead of winter. It's hard as hell.

I'd love to hear what individuals reading the blog have done to help a candidate. I get no sense of that in the postings I have read, but it also looks like a very small number of people.

If you like the idea, feel free to claim it as your own.

Signed,

Mr. Bad Head Cold

Blognotes: Okay readers, what are you doing to help during the election season? Our neighbor who posted this challenge wants to know. This is a open thread to share your experiences on the campaign. (RP Neighbor, please don't respond - I'll be featuring you tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Craig Gernhardt said...

Thanks for sharing Margot. I think Mr. Bad Head Cold is right. There must be only a small number of my readers who actually do anything to help.

I'd like to share what I do with Mr. Bad Head Cold, but it's top secret.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs