Monday, April 16, 2007

* Last 24 Push


It's down to the wire. In the last few weeks I've made many, many phone calls on behalf of democrat Don Gordon. I've knocked on a many door and rang many a buzzers too. I've wrote a couple of letters of support to my neighbors. I've made a few homemade commercials for all to enjoy. Alderman Moore's people have accused me of being Karl Rove, who-ever he is. And let's not forget, I've even given a few bucks too. (Yes, I'm a liberal democrat - can't spin that.)

Now, I'm asking from the bottom of my heart.

How much can you do on Tuesday? If you haven't yet volunteered for change, the Gordon campaign needs you, NOW, more than ever.

Got a few hours to spare in the morning? How about the afternoon or evening? Any little bit helps. Give the campaign a call at 262-9473. Your time on Tuesday means everything.

BLOGNOTES: Oh, and if you haven't guessed already - Here is the news everyone has been waiting for. I'm endorsing and I'm voting democrat Don Gordon. I hope you do too.

3 comments:

Ryne said...

joe moore and all of joes campaign workers PLEASE READ!!

Acknowledging that emotions are running high as Tuesday's city aldermanic runoff elections approach, officials warned candidates and organizations Sunday not to interfere with voters entering polling places.

"Respect the election process," said Langdon Neal, chairman of the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners. "Respect the rights of the voters. Do not cross the line."

More than 160 plainclothes investigators will patrol the 12 wards involved Tuesday, more than triple the number used in those wards during the February election, Neal said.

Neal reminded campaigners that a campaign-free zone extends 100 feet from every polling place and urged voters to report any interference or intimidation as they enter the polls.

"We understand that there are a lot of emotions," he said. "This is the most grass-roots of elections."

Neal said enough election judges have been trained and 100 more are on standby to fill in as needed.

Runoff elections are required because no candidate won a majority in the 2nd, 3rd, 15th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 24th, 32nd, 35th, 43rd, 49th and 50th Wards.

Dr O said...

The question then becomes...will these officials STOP Moore and his minions from electioneering within the zone, or simply ask him to stop and watch as he thumbs his nose at them and continues?

Hillari said...

Being the daughter of a Cook County precinct captain who wasn't above pulling tricks on election day, I fully expect Moore and his cohorts to attempt to play games.

I hope the voters speak up and out about any nonsense that is perpetrated by Moore and his people tomorrow.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs