Tuesday, July 24, 2007

* Boys Will Be Boys

Top Honors All Around


How'd my weekend go, you ask? Well, I haven't had to pull out the 'Icy Hot' in a while. But yesterday morning I did. Plus, I wound up getting attacked by those famous Wisconsin Wood Ticks. So, after a long soak in the burning hot water whirlpool, I was hoping the scalding water would get rid of any remaining wood ticks left stuck to my body. It worked. Three ticks dislodged themselves from my skin. But I was still sore, and still am today.

Now to the event. Patrick and Phillip took first and second in the Championship class, Noel took first in the Expert class and I was able to capture first in the advanced class. With Patrick being such a big-wig now, the turn-out was great. Over 200 competitors showed. Then everyone wanted to take our photo.
Extra Credit



Plus, there was a American Motorcyclist Association sanctioned hill-climb. After our trials, Pat, Noel, Phillip and a couple dozen other trials riders talked each other into going over on our little trials bikes and to compete against the big-boy hill climbers. This hill was 750 feet long - real steep, with three massive ramp jumps. The jumps simply launched you in the air if you didn't do it right. The 'King on the Hill'' riders were timing in the upper 9 seconds to the top.

Phillip (middle photo) was first on his trials bike. He shot up the hill in 10.1 seconds and had the hill-climbers going nuts. Some of these hill-climbers have these huge cars sized engines and cost up to $15,000 dollars. So they were even amazed how Phil flew up the hill.

Then it was my turn. My first run was 13.875 seconds, and wasn't bad. But I was sitting in 13th place. My second run on the course was far better. 12.610 seconds. After I reached the peak of the hill, my bike launched over the top and completely filled me over - like in those motorcycle crash videos. Finally the bike landed on top of me before bouncing off and down the hill a few hundred feet away from where I landed. The second run netted me a 6th place in the trials class.

Not bad for a first timer. Over-all, it was a nice haul this weekend for us boys out looking for some fun. Anyone looking for a nice weekend get-away? Try going near Black River Falls, Wisconsin. Just watch out for the wood ticks.

3 comments:

Natas said...

Does this have anything to do with Rogers PArk??

Morse Ave?


Howard Even?

Craig Gernhardt said...

Figure it out and win a prize.

Natas said...

oh, you're from Rogers Park.

Oh, go ride your bike on morse take a victory lap.

Hope a bus runs you over craigie poo

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs