Saturday, July 21, 2007

* Nighttime Gang Drug Market On Morse

Just before Closing at Golden Mini-Mart


Mini-Mart Closes, Open Air Drug Market Still Open


In the upper photo, it's just before closing time at the Golden Mini-Mart on Morse Avenue. In the lower photo, Golden Mini-Mart has closed. But, as you can see, the Open Air Drug Market Salesmen are adding more men to the night shift. There had to be 20 or so working the 1300 block of West Morse, Glenwood to Lunt. And all points in-between.

Or maybe, they're just enjoying the tax payer funded mural?

BLOGNOTES: One property owner on Morse tells me the gangs and drugs have gotten worse this year. Even worse than before those two big drug bust called 'Operation End of the Line' in 2005 and 'Operation Morse Code' in 2006. If I can catch the gangs selling drugs for hours on end, can you imagine what the Rider camera records on a nightly basis?

Update: At 5:33 a.m., this morning - the Open Air Drug Market crew was down to three measly workers. One white t-shirt dude spotted me trying to snap their photo and yelled for me to stop. Then he gave me a chase. I can just bet, Marcy would've found that hilarious. Sorry to disappoint you Marcy, as you can see, I made it home okay.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Have a good weekend Craig. You deserve it!

Hillari said...

They chased you? Please be careful, Craig. Not every thug out here carries weapons, but you never know.

RP4Life said...

Well you better report this to your C.A.P.S. meeting. I am sure that it will be closed in months. Sorry you can't carry weapons, Daley thinks that taking guns out of responsible citizens hands and leaving them in the criminals hands makes us safer. Duh.

Bill Morton said...

I was out there taking pictures the morning after, and one of the thugs took a picture of me with his cell phone.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs