Monday, May 12, 2008

* Lunchtime Fighting at Sullivan High School

12:00 PM: 911 caller says 10 to 12 kids fighting near Sullivan High School at Albion and Bosworth.

12:14 PM: Police disperse 2 for gang loitering at the same location. Event # 07810.

2:16 PM: Battery in progress. 4 males fighting in the street at Clark and Estes.

2:19 PM: 2 kids on bikes throwing rocks at passing cars. Bosworth and North Shore. (This particular type of call comes in three times a day the past month from this location.)

2:33 PM: Assault in progress. 7647 North Paulina. Could be more fighting today. As the officer on the radio said back to dispatch, "that's Howard Area, not exactly Harvard." He also said the officers are trying "to move the future scientists and doctors along." I think he was being sarcastic.

2:45 PM: Gang and Vice complaint at Soo Liquors on Morse Avenue.

3:15 PM to 3:36 PM: 911 call to the Morse Fresh Market, 1430 West Morse. Two males and one female arguing and fighting. The 3:36 PM 911 call came in when I was downloading the argument I captured on video 15 minutes earlier. I shut the video down as a group of Boy Scouts started to gather round me - asking me "whyz I be filmin'? One asked me if I was with the Hell Hole? " I told them I was. And I wanted to film the public argument/fight. They didn't seem happy to hear that.

Part 2: Acting the fool. One of the fighting dudes wound up losing his shirt.

Isn't this a pleasant grocery shopping environment for the kiddies?

1 comment:

CrimeStopper2 said...

so here i am sitting in the airport after some emergency travel. Im thinking, i have wifi, lets see what has happened since i left the 49th a little over a week ago. Damn, its colder in cali than it is in chicago, and it seems more exciting back home. Hmm, the rat from moores office is going to check out roaches, maybe the rat misses the old friends.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs