Tuesday, May 6, 2008

* Neighbors Bitch and Moan to New Commander


Chicago Journal contributor Tom Mannis covered the 'Meet the Commander' Open House last night. Here's what he had to say...
Like some overgrown CAPS meeting, the room was full of people bitching and moaning and complaining to a guy who is beholden to the Powers Downtown and not to them. The real story is the bullying tactics of the local elected officials and their staff in attendance. Source.
Blognotes: A community meeting where neighbors bitch and moan? Bully tactics by the Alderman's office? Naw - that doesn't happen in the 49th ward.

4 comments:

billyjoe said...

Craig: "Bitching and moaning" is the normal way Rogers Park residents communicate with each other and the outside (through their rant-ridden blogs) world.

As for Commander Caluris, he may have listened patiently to all the complaints, but, as I've written many times before, he (and fellow police)secretly think you're all nuts for living in this area of the city and thinking that things will someday change.

YourChicagoFriend said...

when I first moved to Rogers Park a number of years ago, I was introduced to a local cop. He promptly asked me: "Why in the hell would you want to live here? You know the bad guys are constantly out to get you and your belongings, right?"

billyjoe said...

That's my point. Get real about the police having to be "professional" to your face, and what they're really thinking about you and where you're living.

Both RP apartments I lived in--east side near lake and west side near Western Ave.--were broken into.

And break-ins are likely the least of an RP resident's worries there's also the chance of being "gooned" or caught in gang war crossfire. Street parking really sucks, too.

Big Daddy said...

I dunno. I don't think your nuts. I'm trying to talk my wife into moving into RP. I KNOW it will get better. It's only a matter of time.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs