Wednesday, June 18, 2008

* It's Joe Moore's Fault

Empty 49th Ward Aldermanic Menu Money


Partly to blame. Please, Joe. It's ALL your fault!
Ald. Joe Moore (49th) said he's partly to blame for the construction delay in his Far North Side ward. "When the weather gets warm, people always say, 'I need my sidewalk done.' So, we tend to submit ours late," Moore said. Source.
And by the way, Joe. It's nearly summer. When's the Morse Avenue Streetscape project going to begin? You're a little late on that project too.

6 comments:

ms21 said...

The Morse Streetscape hasn't begun because CDOT is awaiting federal funding which has not been provided....FYI.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Why'd Joe tell me and a TV audience the Federal money was already spent on a Environmental Protection Agency survey? He said this during a call-in show on CAN-TV.

That's why anonymous commenters cannot be trusted. Or Joe can't be trusted. Either way, the Alderman's been dead silent to the public on the issue since winter.

ms21 said...

You can choose to not trust me, won't hurt my feelings. I don't know Joe, so I can't comment on his trustworthiness. I work as a consultant at CDOT, and I've asked about the Streetscape. Many of the CDOT projects (not just Morse SS) are on hold because IDOT and FHWA (federal) funding are not coming through as they should. It's too bad.

Ryne said...

ms21, I believe you are telling the truth. While Graig doesn't need anyone to speak for him, I believe his point is the little joey moore told that money was available on the CAN-TV show.

The point is that once again joey is bullshitting the people of the ward!

You are most likely telling the truth.

Craig Gernhardt said...

With her job, I'm tending to believe MS21 now too.

Save Street End Beaches said...

I don't know whether it's true or not but someone told me that Joe diverted some of the Morse streetscape funds to finish the Howard el station remodeling. Maybe Hugh or someone can dig into it.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs