Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crimes in Rogers Park tonight

Good evening, everyone. It's been awhile since I made a post here (good for those who don't enjoy my posts here =D). So, anyway, while Craig's away (I'm assuming you are. Am I right?), I'd thought I give the readers some crime information while he's gone.

10:27pm - Battery in progress. 7227 North Paulina. Male Black, braids, dark complected, white sleeveless shirt beating on a female in the alley. No weapons seen. I wonder if the parties are teens or not? I'm also wondering what this could be over. At 10:31pm, #2446 gave a disregard. He probably didn't see anything. I'm sure it will be coded shortly.

10:44pm - Couple of calls coming in regarding a traffic accident at Ridge and Howard. There are no real details, but a little earlier, a 24th district unit had someone injured at Howard and Western. Dispatch is offering a code since #2424 drove by a couple of times and did not see anything at the scene.

10:49pm - There is a Battery vitcim injured at St. Francis in Evanston. It happened in a park (I'm assuming maybe at White Park, formerly known as Gale) in which the caller did not give to the 911 call taker. Complaint was beaten up and robbed in the park.

11:07pm - Disturbance. Jarvis Beach. Group of people drinking, playing in the water and being loud. This isn't the first call over there. In fact, by the way the dispatcher sounded about it, there's most likely been a few calls over there. There was a call around 10:40 but I didn't put it down as I thought nobody wants to know about disturbances. Hopefully the cops will be able to clear these unruly people out of the beach before they start causing even bigger problems.

11:12pm - Group of teens getting a bit rowdy at Clark and Wallen. There's about four to five of them. They harassed the complaint as they walked by. The ringleader of the group has some alcohol in her hand. Surprise, surprise.

11:21pm - #2404George was able to get the group out of Jarvis Beach. It's being coded 4Paul.

11:23pm - Clark and Wallen is being coded. They dispersed the group of unruly teens.

11:27pm - The peace is being disturbed at another beach. There's a group being loud at this one as well. Location is Howard Beach.

11:35pm - The homeless folks are having one heck of a time, from the sound of things. They're having a party. It's on Morse from 1116 West to the lakefront.

11:41pm - This is not in Rogers Park, or in the 24th district, but multiple (and I mean multiple calls) tickets for "Shots Fired" are pouring in in the area of Foster and Winthrop. Tickets are giving 5038 North, 5320 North Sherdian, and Winona and Sherdian.

11:44pm - Citizens are reporting that they hear gunfire at the Argyle Red Line station.

11:46pm - Calls are STILL coming in at Winthrop and Foster for Shots Fired. They're pouring in. Also, shell casings have been found.

12:00am - This concludes my coverage of 24 for tonight. I'll be back to cover hopefully a little later this or next month.

Note: I did not write EVERYTHING I heard. There were some other calls besides the one I put here.

13 comments:

Save Street End Beaches said...

Thanks for the update.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

No problem :-).

floss said...

Thanks for being our ears.

Unknown said...

thanks for letting us know what's going on!

Craig Gernhardt said...

I thank Timmy for the updates, too. Between running a pro race team and a weekly magazine, my hands have been full this summer. I rarely have had time for the blog anymore.

yahoo said...

That's OK, Craig. We haven't missed you.

pops said...

Shortly after midnight, shots fired in the alley behind Birchwood between Hoyne and Ridge. Cops came by saying "somebody's been shot"

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

You're welcome, everyone :).

Craig, that's ok (at least to me). You've got a life besides this blog which is a great thing. I blog all day because I really have no life LOL ;), but seriously, because of all the incidents which occurr in my 'hood. Despite what Yahoo says, I'm sure I speak for many when I say we've missed you.

Howard, is there perhaps an exact time when those shots were fired? I know it was after midnight (wish I stayed up a bit longer to catch this), but I'd like to pinpoint a time of when this happened.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

I just made a post regarding a shooting in Birchwood.

backintherog said...

"I rarely have had time for the blog anymore."

I just thought crime really was down. My mistake.

Chip Bagg said...

OMG!
There is crime in Rogers Park?
OMG!
OMG!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

I'm afraid there is, Chip Bagg.

ms21 said...

At least winter is coming and we'll all be indoors soon.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs