Friday, July 25, 2014

Is Alderman Moore fudging the numbers?



Alderman Joe Moore is wasting his valuable time stroking the Everyblockheads this morning with more head-games. He's going on record as to actually counting the number of positive and negative responses to his Facebook and Everyblock post - plus his private campaign tool email blast on the Jarvis Beach name change. 
I'll let you read the whole line of bullshit yourself if you don't read Everyblock.
Said our Ruler. "I'm not going to make a final recommendation to the Park District Board for a few more weeks, but based on replies to my email blast and Facebook posts, those who cared enough about this issue to write are weighing in heavily in favor of the name change. Here's the latest tally as of 8:00 a.m.:

Replies to my email blast...
Support changing name: 79
Oppose changing name: 21
No opinion: 8
My official Facebook post
Support changing name: 12
Oppose changing name: 7
No opinion: 5
My Rogers Park Neighborhood News Facebook post
Support changing name: 5
Oppose changing name: 2
No opinion: 3
The Facebook posts and accompanying comments,, of course, are available for everyone to see. If anyone wishes to look at the emails my office has received, you are free to do so. Just make an appointment with my office in advance.
I haven't conducted a final tally of the EveryBlock comments simply because the easy ability for individuals to use multiple screen names makes an accurate count much more difficult. Nonetheless, I acknowledge opinion on EveryBlock is more evenly divided and probably slightly tilted against the name change. I appreciate some of the thoughtful comments offered on this site by those opposed to the name change and will take them under consideration when I decide on my final recommendation.
BLOGNOTES: So, there you have it. At one point earlier in the year Alderman Moore called Everyblockheads, "Real people, real opinions."  Now he says individuals use multiple accounts and make up phony names.
He also doesn't mention he too heavily censors his Facebook page and blocks users.
Here's a classic example of Alderman Moore not listening to the people and doing whatever the hell he wants. 

Be damned - you lowly peasants. Alderman Moore rules this ward.

2 comments:

Joe Lake said...

I am stunned. How can this happen in Chicago?
Joe Lake

Unknown said...

i dunno joe. how bout you actually move ta Chicago so you can see first hand ya brain damaged fuck? by the way ya don't gotta sign yer name after the post. we see its you with your name. even if we's didn't see yer name we'd know itz you cuz of the stupid comment

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs