Tuesday, February 22, 2005

* Morse Pod - The First Six Day's

This week... Morse Pod Proudly Blinks

Morse Pod _37
Morse Pod #19, located at Morse Avenue and Glenwood, blinks a flash of blue from the right side.
Good News from Joe on Estes
Sat. Feb. 19 @12:45 pm

For ten minutes I stood on the CTA Morse platform and didn’t see a single gang banger/drug dealer. Fingers poised on my cell phone ready to call 911, yet I had nothing to report.

What I saw were teenage girls on the NE corner waiting for a friend not getting harassed by a gang of thugs, an elderly couple chatting on the SW corner, a father and his toddler drinking orange juice on the NW corner, while others waited on the SE corner for the bus.

I also saw people of different backgrounds and ages enjoying the mild weather on Morse Ave. Except for all the vacant store fronts, I was rather pleased. How long will this last? Not for long if we lower our vigilance.

I’ve heard it said that Rogers Park in experiencing a renaissance. Lets not get our hopes up too much since gangs of thugs are waiting to revive the open air drug and gun market sending our community back into the dark ages. At this time I’ll call it a pre-pre-renaissance.

Joe on Estes

3 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

If Morse Pod is working, please check the recordings between 7:00 am and 7:45am, Monday Morning.

Black male, blue coat, about 6 foot tall, 170lb, long dread lock-pony tail hair style, and glasses.

North side of Lunt working the 1300-1400 block of West Morse, waved arms and flagged down a 4 door, rust colored car in front of Morse Avenue Fruit and Meat at 1430 W. MORSE.

Salesman Yelled, "what you need", walked to car passenger side window, stuck his head inside, seconds later, the car drove off, salesman walked east, on the north side of Morse.

Is it possible I could view this salesman/vehicle meeting?

I was walking east... watching the whole deal.

Craig Gernhardt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Craig Gernhardt said...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:10 am-1340 W. Morse Avenue.

Two black males, one in a "34" Bears Jersey, no coat, and jeans. He was 5 foot 10 inches tall or so..the other male wore a light brown jacket, blue hood with cell phone communications in hand, he was about the same height, and asks me as I walk by... "you straight". The temperature was 33 degrees.

I ignored the comment, kept walking to 1420 W. Morse. Imagine that, I got to hang out in front of Soo Liquors.

I watched a car pull to the northeast side of the EL tracks, away from the Morse Pod that was blocked by CTA pillars. The car stopped to talk or do business ( my perception) with the guy's who asked me if I "was straight." Then I call 911 at 6:12am to explain my encounter.

The water's are being teated again, I got a photo of this same salesman yesterday, walking away from a police officer who was car patrolling down Morse Avenue.

I watched and followed him as he went to the gang hide-out at 1237-39-41-43 W. Lunt Building.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs