Tuesday, July 4, 2006

* Alleged Shooter Gets Caught

Exclusive "Broken Heart" Photograph

July 4, 2006 - 7:30 p.m:
The 911 call comes in as a man shot in the back. That's right folks, shot in the freaking back. Location - North Shore and Clark. He's driving a blue Forerunner. Next thing you know we got another call saying a green Caddy has been abandoned at Columbia, east of Clark, west of Ashland. It's a foot chase, the possible shooter is now on the run. I'm on this one.

Soon as I arrive at Columbia, just west of Ashland at the alley, BAM, there I am. Face to face with a few detectives, a few uniformed officers, a Sergeant or two and Commander Rottner. Oh, and let's not forget, the steely eyed-alleged gunman!

That's right, it didn't take long for the Chicago Police Department to get their alleged perp (pictured exclusively above) in their hands, or shall I say hand-cuffs. That was according to a sergeant I know, who was on the scene.

Blognotes:

* To protect the identity of the arresting detective, I've cropped him out of the photograph. I take enough heat from these guys already, I don't need them hassling me for exposing their identity.

* The shooting victim is 48 years old. (Name withheld at this time.) He is in stable condition at Illinois Masonic.

No comments:

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs