Monday, October 2, 2006

* Chicago Tribune Rips Alderman Moore

It's Sunday morning in the Wisconsin Dells. Of course the hotel has a Chicago Tribune in the lobby. Any good hotel 300 miles around the Chicagoland area does.

As I got to the Tribunes famed editorial section, my eye lit up. What's this I see? The Chicago Tribune is printing what I have been telling you for years.

Out of all the 50 Alderman, our very own Alderman Moore got singled out and raked thoroughly over the coals for being a, get this now, a do nothing Alderman in his community. Our Alderman isn't doing his job.

Here's one juicy quote from one of our neighbors. A quote that looks like the reader was reading this website.

"Our neighborhood is out of sorts. The alleys are never, ever cleaned. If we don't do things for ourselves, it doesn't get done," said Judy Bernardi.

Judy. Judy. Judy. Tell us something didn't already know. Like I said, just read the Hell Hole.


I'm sure that the Moore political spin machine is in full motion. Mr. No Foie Gras will have DevCorp North, RPCC, Kevin O'Neil at CAPS and David Fagus defending his honor with vigor. Actually Fagus has already started, being the good lap dog he is. He's one of the people the Chicago Tribune calls "his fans in the 49th ward."

Blognotes: I had a darn good weekend - results wise. I did make one very nasty crash early on. I recovered nicely. On Saturday, I finished 4th in class out of 19 riders. On Sunday a couple more riders signed up making my class size 21 riders. I bettered my results on day two, just missing victory by one point. Funny thing, I only scored one point though-out the entire day. The winner had a perfect day riding, making no mistakes. This was a great way to finish the event. I was nearly on top in a epic battle that went down to the wire. Hat's off to Barry Tope from Minnesota.

When I returned to the city, my e-mail box was full of mail regarding the Tribune editorial. I even got a couple of phone calls. I guess my readers didn't think Wisconsin got Illinois news? Well folks, they do. And get this, now Alderman Moore is known as a major idiot up there too.

11 comments:

Ryne said...

Yes it was the best editorial ever!! Showing joe for what he is, someone who doesn't care about his ward, joe is focused on be a national figure! Like that will ever happen, The Trib peeled back the skin to show what joe is and that is a non careing alderman, the problems that this site brings up, show's how out of touch joe is! There is no way we the people of the 49th ward can vote for this goof! We deserve better and we do not deserve nor can the ward take joe any longer!!

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the ed... Not sure why Craig hates posting links so much..

rogerspark60645 said...

See Joe run, run Joe run.

Archie T.S. Gait said...

Never seen someone who so willingly, constantly and undeservedly pats himself on the back.

Way to go, CG!

CommonSense said...

Hopefully JoMo is down with.

My only concern is that the vote against JoMo is split between the four other candidates.

If we really want to get rid of JoMo, we need to get behind ONE candidate.

Hugh said...

> four other candidates

Don't you mean 3?

> My only concern is that the vote against JoMo is split between the four other candidates.

Won't they also help split off some of the vote for Moore?

Don Mac Gregor said...

OK, I tell you what - you offer to be Alderman for the weekend while Joe rides your motorcy....ah never mind...just thinking of a way to get him out of office :)

ThatGirl said...

Anyone who can successfully rid CTA stations around here of the piss smell automatically qualifies for sainthood as it would be nothing short of a miracle.

This afternoon the Loyola stop had a pungent bouquet reminiscent of an overflowing barrel of hobo urine aged to warm day perfection.

It's too bad joe has no pals in the powerwashing biz, something Rogers Park'ers (with functioning nostrils) would actually appreciate.

Pamela said...

Dear boys and girls we really don't need to get behind "just one candidate." In fact, the more candidates, the merrier. Every vote for anyone else is one less vote for JoMo, and the goal is to keep him from getting 50% and thus forcing a runoff. This is the strategy JoMo used to get in office. Hopefully it will get him out of office now.

Jim Witts said...

Pamela,

While technically you are correct. The sad fact is that over the last several elections, the majority of RP residents did not vote.

If efforts were put together to create one STRONG canidate, that the community really got excited about, that would drive more people to the polls to vote.

I don't think the desire to get rid of Joe Moore is enough. People need a high quality canidate who is exciting enough to get out and vote for.

Maybe one of the 4 challengers is already that person, I don't know yet.

I'm sure the Mayor would like to see joe go. Some of the mayor's money would go a long way in creating name recognition in the community.

Jim Witts said...

Why count on the run-off, why not beat joe right out of the gate?

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs