Sunday, November 26, 2006

* Fight Leads to Broken Window

Just Another Boarded Up Window on Morse Avenue

I got a call from one of my sources, this one we'll call Tomm-boy. It seems at 3:40 a.m. this morning, "there was a large fight around 1414 West Morse Avenue," he said all excited like. A group of what he called "mean looking black dudes" were putting the serious 'whoop down' on each other. They were being real loud while they were beating each other up on the sidewalk.

Tomm-boy said he "called 911," which I'm sure he did. But why did he have to call me in the middle of the night to let me know? "I'm not the police department," I replied. He said he "knew that" - but he thought I" might want to cover the event on the 'Broken Heart'?" I told him "I might" - then I hung up.

Just minutes later, after the alleged fight broke out at 1414 West Morse Avenue, I get another call from the source again. Tomm-boy is explaining how now, after the fight, the Currency Exchange front window got smashed at 1356 West Morse Avenue around 3:50 a.m. Now, for sure, he thought this was a good story for the Hell Hole. But he said "it didn't stop there." It did for me, I hung up the phone.

At 4:15 a.m., my now irritating source called again saying even more of a ruckus was going on with the rowdy crowd at the corner of Morse Avenue and Glenwood - this time in front of the Harold Rider Building at 1340 West Morse Avenue. I had to stop him right there. I knew exactly where the call was leading me. I told Tomm-boy I had enough, I hung up the phone for the final time and went back to sleep. After all, I knew the whole mess would be there waiting for me in the morning.

2 comments:

CommonSense said...

Um, why do you have a listed number?

rogerspark60645 said...

Why the hell should it matter if he has a listed number? Anybody who was raised right knows the acceptable hours to telephone somebody’s home and personally, I’d get the hint after I was hung up on the 1st time.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs