Friday, November 17, 2006

* Lurker Has Questions

Let's play Jeopardy.

The Answer: Alderman Moore and Kimberly Bares.

The Question: Who are 'Broken Heart' lurkers or voyeurs?


Whatever you want to call them, they are those who read and get aroused - but don't respond. Until Bea. She came out. Here's what she had to say.

"Hello. I've been lurking on this site for some time although I don't live in Rogers Park. I have several friends who do, so I've been visiting the area with increasing frequency. I'm curious as to whether or not people are actually buying more expensive housing in RP? I'm seeing half a million dollar "luxury condos" going up in what appears to be the highest-crime section of your neighborhood!

The other night as I walked up Rogers Ave I passed by $349,000 condos with a lovely view of the bus depot across the street. I imagine this building has the added benfit of allowing one to relax on the roof and enjoy the flashing of the blue crime-watching camera two blocks over.

Are you seeing an influx of new neighbors or are these buildings just sitting there? Maybe at some point development and zoning won't be such an issue if and when developers realize hardly anyone wants to move into their overpriced buildings."

# posted by Bea
Monday, February 27, 2006

2 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath in east Ravenswood. Everything was done with the highest of quality workmanship and products. No cutting costs, all high-end. Parking included. $400,000. Showings by appointment. Serious inquiries only.

email: craiggernhardt@comcast.net

rogerspark60645 said...

Rumor has it that it is a beautiful unit.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs