Wednesday, January 17, 2007

* Candidates Agree Not to Litter

Exclusive Agreement Brokered by the 'Broken Heart'

In an unprecedented move, this morning all four candidates came together in a email pow-wow organized by the efforts of myself. All four candidates agreed to not litter our public-way's with campaign signs until February 26th at midnight.

Here are the responses:

Jim GInderske: Works for us!

Joe Moore: I'm certainly would support that.

Chris Adams: This is OK with me.

Don Gordon: Thank you Craig, I am definitely on board with this!


There you have it. I've left our some of the details, but the candidates all know what each other said. Remember, it was a email pow-wow.

Then, the candidates can have 48 hours to put in and take out each others signs as they feel free to do. By 7:30 p.m. after the election polls are closed, all candidates have agreed to clean up their own personal mess left behind.

I've also brokered this deal with the Streets and Sanitation department - as all candidates have been given a list of rules and regulations.

See Mike is busy enough cleaning the litter left behind by the residents of the ward. He shouldn't be wasting his time pulling out illegally placed political signs all day.

Like I said, one regulation is signs can't be posted in places like the above current violation by Alderman Moore's campaign. Even though Michael James at the Heartland Cafe may think he owns this part of the city, in reality, his property line ends at his building. This sign placeage is on public way.

So, here's where the public comes in. If you see a sign on the public way, photograph it, write down where the sign was placed, if you catch the person placing it, that's bonus points. Then send them to the 'Broken Heart'.

Starting now, we have a citizen watch campaign on this blog - immediately. They've all had their fair warning and they all agreed.

I'd also like to see Mike start to hit them with his $25/day fine for every photo violation.  After all, our cities hurting for money, and why should the candidates be exempt?

7 comments:

aldermansintern said...

What if someone places a sign for their opponent in the wrong place and then photographs it and turns in his opponent?

There is something missing in the logic of your plan Mr. BrokenHeart. It really doesn't come across as fair.

I'm going to talk to Joe. I mean, you can't blame every nut who supports a man. So some crazy nut puts out a sign and Joe gets fined. Not on my watch buddy. I'm here for Him.

I'll be watching you, Mr. BrokenHeart, watching everyone else.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire.

Plus, If my flyers stayed up a couple of months growing mold like most of the CAPS and the Alderman's flyers posted in the neighborhood - I'd be happy and gladly pay the fine.

But unfortunately, they get scooped up with-in hours, and not at the taxpayer expense.

Maybe that's how you found this site? 100's have. Thanks for reading TCOU.

Craig Gernhardt said...

FYI: taking_care_of_u - aldermansintern and Dumb Blonde. (Or as we say in the biz, the Alderman's minions.)

Please re-sign up using your own name, like Charlie from now on - you closet-case cowards. I'd like to put a name to the face.

All your comments you post will be removed after today, with-out them. (My blog, my rules.)

I also will match you name to the voter-roll and I then will come to your house and knock on your door, asking if you read the 'Broken Heart' everyday.

Seems fair. Maybe I'll leave a flyer?

Craig Gernhardt said...

I changed my mind, Dumb Blonde can keep commenting, she's funny.

mary_haskel said...

Craig,

I am so sorry. What did I say to offend you? I've been a big fan of the Hellhole for a long time. Please believe me. I don't support the Alderman. What did I say to make you think I was against you and with Joe Moore? Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

Mary

Ryne said...

Graig: I read aldermansintern profile, she states the you are loyal joe moore supporter!

That has to be a real eye opening statement!

Anonymous said...

Alright, let's not take things too seriously, aldermansintern is satire.

She says that "You know that we have black people in our neighborhood. Joe keeps them here. Along with the other 30% latino and the other 30% white - we are a very diverse neighborhood. Wow. I wonder what the other 10% are? Gay? I think that's right. 10% of the population is gay."

She also says "He's a man of high principle and I get down on my knees and thank Him for his hard work."

And finally (but there is more on the page) "For one, I didn't realize just how much our alderman loves these developers. Criminy! After going through those blueprints and the financial contributions, I was really amazed. But then Joe starting about his good friend Jay Johnson, who, according to Joe, is a terrific landlord. I thought he had really nice eyes."

She also references The Onion so...

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs