Wednesday, January 24, 2007

* Gordon Wins Watchdog Group Endorsement

Illinois Committee for Honest Government Praises Gordon’s Ethics

I am proud to announce that my campaign for 49th Ward Alderman just received backing from the Illinois Committee for Honest Government (ICHG).

The ICHG gave me its endorsement after evaluating my background, community experience, and proposals to lead honest and open decisionmaking to move our Rogers Park community forward.

The ICHG is a statewide coalition of Chicago and Illinois political activists who advocate for principled and accountable leadership by elected officials. Known for its research and voter education work, the ICHG evaluated all candidates in the 49th Ward race and televised its interviews of both me and the incumbent alderman on its CAN-TV show.

Another value of the ICHG is that it is managed by independent voters in Illinois. No members of ICHG serve on my campaign team or staff, unlike other political organizations whose descision-makers work directly or indirectly for the incumbent and will, as usual, support him.

I thank the Illinois Committee for Honest Government for its support. Ultimately, the most important endorsement will come from 49th Ward voters who cast ballots for me because they want me to tackle local issues and make progress in our community. I hope I can count on your support.

Sincerely,

Don Gordon

6 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

Comment blognotes:

Don Gordon's also doing a bang-up job going after the college vote.

This story just came across the wire.

Dr O said...

As an aside...does anyone know if naturalized residents [green card holders] can vote in mayoral/aldermanic elections? Back in Vermont N.R.s could vote in town meetings, so I'm wondering if it is similar for local elections here.

fatoldbroad said...

Don may be the best man, but Chris has Daley's backing, so what's a hopeful voter to do?

The North Coast said...

I sincerely doubt that Chris Adams has Daley's backing or anyone else's after proposing, publicly and in print, an ordinance enforcing a moratorium on condo conversions, which is as anti-business as you can get.

At any rate, I was not able to find anything that says that Adams ever truly had the mayor's backing.

fedup dem said...

Note to dr o: Illinois Election law requires all persons to be U.S. citizens in order to be eligible to register to vote.

The North Coast said...

Don Gordon is a senior resident with an impressive professinal record, and track record for advocating for the issues the neighborhood cares about.

He has my complete support.

Ginderske is a distant second, even though I believe the 'charges' against him on this blog are a lot of noise about very little.

Adams and Moore are out of the question.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs