Sunday, February 18, 2007

* Maybe Farwell Needs A Special Service Area Tax? - Updated

Where's Alderman Moore?

Craig,

I would like to bring to your attention the standing water/ slush /ice problem on the 1600 block of Farwell Ave. The street is nearly impassable in most areas, especially for pedestrians. At the curbs, the slushy water is 4 or more inches deep. With colder temperatures this will become even fore dangerous. I do not have a camera to document this hazardous situation, but have called 311 to notify them of the problem.

Thank you for your attention.

Jackie

Blognotes: Well Jackie, you came to the right place. I took my video camera to your block and discovered Alderman Moore's 49th Ward Public Works Program missed you and your neighbors block, that's for sure. Where's Alderman Moore you ask? I'm guessing Alderman Moore or his campaign troops didn't visit your street yesterday while canvassing the neighborhood.

I'm also guessing you should see a plow coming down your street real soon. At least before the next snow storm. Thanks for reading.

Updated: Craig- I enjoyed your standing water street video. I live on the same block. I am not sure if you noticed but that condo conversion in the video seems to not have a permit displayed. In fact they had their permit revoked at one time then it was re- issued. It was properly displayed for a while then it dissappeared. There is another conversion at the end of the block as well where I have seen the developer/owner use the parking lot at the library to park his car while he inspects the job.

At both of these sites I have also never seen any parking permits that would allow them spaces during the day to get in and out and then return the space at night to local residents. They often block these spaces 24/7 with no visible permit.

Thank you for your ongoing coverage of the area.

5 comments:

I heart the R.P. said...

Thank you for taking the time to come out and film this mess. My neighbors and I appreciate your efforts. It's 12:30 on Sunday, and still no plow.

sarahday said...

i think the water is coming from a broken water main on Clark, between Farwell & Morse. I saw water bubbling out of a crack in the street last night, and called 311. It was a full-fledged stream. I don't know if anything has been done about this but i think that's why the puddles are so deep.

blove said...

On the topic of snow removal and such, has anyone noticed Starbucks on Sheridan? It's been five days since the snow and not a shovel has touched the walk in the front. This is nothing new, this is the second winter they have shown they don't care about the neighborhood. I feel like moving all the snow in a big pile in front of the door, but I don't own a shovel.

Toto said...

But if you shovel the little snow flake, they just cry out in pain. They create puddles of slush. Oh, the humanity of it all.

Jocelyn said...

As a paying customer at Starbucks, you would be well within your rights to speak up. Maybe it's the building owners responsibility though and they are not doing their job. One way to find out- ask the manager at Starbucks.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs