Tuesday, February 27, 2007

* Moore Illegal Electioneering



Alderman Moore can't help it. He must be addicted to illegal campaigning? Or he must think we're all just plain stupid and won't notice.

In precinct 15, Pottawattomie Park, located at 7340 North Rogers, it's not hard to tell who bought the donuts for breakfast. The culprit's name is right on the front of the 'big box'. It's 8 a.m., and this blatant act of defiance by Alderman Moore didn't bother poll-watcher Mr. Jackson. He was more interested in hassling me for spotting the illegal act of electioneering by Alderman Moore. Go figure. The signs were removed from the donut box before I left the premises. I can't wait for lunch.

Blognotes: Thanks to voter Eileen in the 15th for this tip.

8 comments:

Don Mac Gregor said...

For those of you who for whom the 1337 W. Fargo Building is your polling place , a) get in there and vote. I was there at 7 Am. Only one other person was there to vote.
b) Check the name on the donut box. Dang, I wish I thought of that!

Carl Nyberg said...

I've seen this before in Proviso Township. Cook County Recorder of Deeds Eugene Moore and District 209 school board prez Emanuel "Chris" Welch did it in the Dem Primary last March.

But their labels were more subtle.

The judges addressed it by putting something on the dough nut box.

Toto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FuturePolitico said...

I actually had to yell at a Republican judge in the 5th polling location becuase they were talking about how Adams campaign is currupt. Even going as far as saying they should all put that his campaign made all of these illegal moves in thier end of day report.

I have no idea if it is true -- but I really would prefer if the judges didn't campaign while I am trying to vote.

Triz said...

Also at Paschen Park this evening around 5:50PM in the 13th precinct. Two cards conveniently laid out on the first table where you walk in to vote. Called it in.

fedup dem said...

Has anyone contacted our beloved State's Attorney, Dick "Lap Dog" Devine, about these blatant violations of the Illinois Code?

gaby said...

Randall: Yes.

Hillari said...

My late dad was a precinct captain over in the Near North/Old Town/Cabrini Green area, so I recognize electioneering tricks when I see them. I noticed a donut box with a glaring Moore sign on it when I voted in the 7th (shaking head). I can't stand Moore. I'm sorry I voted for him when he ran the first time. I hope Gordon wins the run off.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs