Monday, June 18, 2007

* Not All Play




Warning. To all the mutts who don't like reading about Patrick, look at a couple of photos instead.
*****

Following this not-so-little kid around is getting harder and harder these days. Now that he is North America's best motorcycle trials rider, I gotta be at my best to cover his every move. And this weekend, I wasn't at my best.

I tumbled down a 80% angle, rocky ledge hill, some 20 feet down, to a dry rocky creek bed. I must've summersaulted a half dozen times. I bounced off a tree. Boy, was I woozy after I got up. Okay, a lot woozy. But I saved the camera.

It all started when a competitor of Patrick's started coming down the steep hill right at me. He was so out of shape, I wasn't sure what or which direction he was going to go - so I just jumped and tumbled.

Bugs stories. I got a tick that made it's way on to my... okay, you don't need to know. A few horse fly sizes bites on the arms. Poison Ivy, yes, that too.

Needless to say, I'm in some serious pain today. This is the best blogging I can do.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like fun. What is life anyway wthout a little bit of pain and discomfort once in a while :o)

Craig Gernhardt said...

Eye witness spectator comments now available from resort owner Dan Brown and a T.V crew covering the event.

Shit, caught on tape.

Craig Gernhardt said...

By the way, note to Westgard, If you're looking to find any dirt on me, my computer nick-name trials handle is 'City Trials'.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs