Friday, July 27, 2007

* Another One Day Notice


Hello, City of Chicago, Department of Planning. Mainly Gina Carusso. Can you do something about the mismanagement at DevCorp North? The leadership running the SSA programs #19 and 24 are woefully inadequate. The community can't get one ounce of information in a timely fashion.

Take this latest example. On July 27th, DevCorp North posts a invitation to a Mural ribbon cutting on their website. The ribbon cutting is on July 28th. That's a one day notice.

This is not the first time. This is normal operations under Ms. Bares and DevCorp North.

How much longer is the City going to allow such waste and mismanagement from SSA sole service provider, DevCorp North? How are people going to make it to any functions under such short notice? Gina, do you find a one day notice acceptable?

BLOGNOTES: Warning. Here's a one day notice. Joe, the blog media will be out in force tomorrow.

We'll be asking what you are doing about the open air drug market salesmen that run Morse Avenue. Even though you said they don't. We'll be asking what you are doing about the Rider building. A building that is gang infested. We'll be asking about the Morse Avenue Streetscape project. Why it keeps getting delayed.

We'll be asking a lot more questions. Like how this mural is going to revitalize the economic development on Morse Avenue. We're not looking for the mumbo-jumbo answers. We are looking for solid facts and figures. And we'll be video taping the answers.

* Hey Harry, I'll be asking about the Ceasefire program and why it's not working in Rogers Park. Why the kids are running around unsupervised in the office. A office you're never at.

Should be a exciting ribbon cutting.

2 comments:

Fargo Woman said...

This sounds too exciting to pass up. Ten on a Saturday morning is a bit early for me but I'm going to try to get there. Hope lots of us turn out.

union carpenter said...

I can't wait to see what exactly Joe has to say about his plan for reducing crime on Morse. I wrote this letter to the newly appointed Alicia Lopez 3 days ago and have not recieved a response.

Alicia,

I am extremely concerned with both the property management at The Block Building and the proprietor of the Golden Mini Mart on Morse. I witness drug dealers loitering and gang activity daily and constantly. I also witness police who are nearby and disengaged. When I do report activity the police often just drive by or are slow to respond. My intention in writing you is to help make my neighborhood safe. I do believe that all residents of the 49th ward are entitled to a better quality of life than what we currently have. I hope you are open to receiving my feedback and willing to do what it takes to make a positive change. I am confident in saying that you are aware of this issue of drug activity and loitering on Morse and Lunt Avenue and would like to know what Joe Moore and his staff's plan of action is.

I had no intention when writing this letter to post it on your site Craig, no offense. I did not write this in order to feed the machine. I wrote it with genuine concern. I also have no idea what Alicia's daily responsibilities include that may prevent her from sending a timely response. I do wonder will I ever get a response? If so will it be a canned response?

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs