Saturday, July 28, 2007

* Timely Repair on Skate Park Fence


It's not in the 49th ward, but it's a issue that has been bothering me for over a month. I use the Wilson Avenue Skate Park quite often - and the above fence had been torn down by some vandals. It's broken state was left unattended longer than it should've been.

So last Friday, I posted this story on the Uptown Updater. I was hoping to get quicker results than what I had been use to getting in the past in dealing with problems in the 46th ward. Well, I can tell you with confidence, the fence has been repaired.

BLOGNOTES: One of Helen Shiller's staff assistants, a chap named Jason, got right to the bottom of the matter very quickly. Jason informed me there was a hold-up, due to the fact the Skate Park, (including the fence) was under manufacturer warranty. Had the Park District fixed the fence, the warranty would have been void. Thus the delay. Jason's timely attention to this matter earns him my - 'Employee of the Week' honors. Well done. Thanks Jason.

1 comment:

Philip McGregor Rogers said...

this didnt happen in RP,

seriously
craig im not kidding about that
pile of gravel in front of
my quiet place on morse,

its disgusting,
im glad the skate park is all better now,
but what about the gravel that has been sitting stealth like for the last few years on morse?

is it some kind of public art?
a statement on gravels place in the world?
or just the SSAs failure
and Joe Moore's failure to
pay attention to detail?

Take a picture of the gravel crap
and lets see that
get taken care of.
Pretty Please
jeffo

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs