Wednesday, July 18, 2007

* The Real Rebecca Speaks

Hi Craig,

Thanks for outing people posing as me in the comments. It's interesting and kind of amazing that they'd bother. It's pretty easy to see through stuff like that.

What can I say? I know so many people in Rogers Park now, I don't especially need to communicate with my neighbors through blogs. But I do value the venue this blog provides to share information, opinion and criticism quickly and to network. The reasons the people who hate it - do hate it, I guess? Anyway, thanks again for the hard work you do keeping Broken Heart going.

Signed,

The Real Rebecca
P.S. Thanks for the mural meeting report. I did want to attend that meeting very much, but couldn't due to work. There are many ways of gathering community input other than having one meeting and calling it quits. "See, we had a meeting and no one came!" That's just too easy.

How about in addition to the live meeting they quickly set up a blog devoted to the issue along with an email address, publicize it through push email and gather community input that way? It costs next to nothing and we already know blogs work really well in Rogers Park, right?

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You're right Rebecca- these attempts are very transparent. The thing is most of us actually know each other and can't be played so easily.

Catherine on Eastlake said...

you know... i thought it was weird when you/or ? wrote... "seems there is more than 1 Rebecca writing".

hmm..

DorothyParker007 said...

go back to sunnybrook farm, now scat

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs