Thursday, August 30, 2007

* Public Parkway Transforms to Private Parking

Made In Rogers Park said.... "Does this approval by Mr. Moore mean that if I donate a small amount, I can rip up my parkway, which is CITY PROPERTY -- and convert it into private parking?

I could make about $400 - $500 per month! Not a bad extra income.

Didn't the owners of the condo conversion realize there was no parking available to sell with their high priced condos?

I really am ticked off about this and wonder...

1. Will their tax bill increase?

2. How much will the city ( Mr. Alderman) lease the spaces for?

3. Does this lease mean tax bills will decrease for owners who do not lease their parkways from the city?

This is really strange, and if as you have posted is true, this condo converter is really a low life and it makes me sad. Really, really sad."

2 comments:

Hugh said...

I've got an idea for a protest. Let's all of us Rogers park homeowners apply for angle parking in front of our homes on the City-owned greenspace parkways. Let's see how many get approved.

Toni said...

I'd be automatically rejected. All Gordonites who didn't cozy up after the runoff can forget it.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs