Monday, February 25, 2008

* Battery/Robbery @ Rogers Park Library (Update 2X)

A couple of 911 calls came in for a fight among a group of males at the Rogers Park Library at 6937 North Clark Street. Suddenly, the fight escalated into a strong arm robbery. How'd it happen? At 5:30 PM, 7 to 10 black-male-youths battered - then took a male persons wallet before fleeing eastbound on Farwell. At 5:39 PM, two of the alleged offenders were rounded up at 1542 West Farwell. Nothing further at this time.

Update - 5:49 PM: One of the dumb mutts apparently hit the librarian in the 'Library beat down'.

Update - 6:41 PM: Police called to library again. Male, hispanic, in the library and refusing to leave.

3 comments:

I heart the R.P. said...

I contacted the Alderman a while ago about getting a pedestrian crossing guard or signal at the intersection of Clark and Farwell at the Library corner. The traffic is terrible and a lot of kids congregate, especially after school. I need to follow up on that.
Because I live just near there, I encounter a lot of 'roughians' near the Library. One day 4 boys kicked all of the bikes on the bike rack over, and when I confronted them they ran into the Library. I reported them to the guard and he kicked them out for the day. He threatened them that if they didn't scram he'd call the police.
I was trapped there for about 20 minutes until they were good and long gone before I felt that it was safe for me, being a woman, to leave on my own.

I live here too said...

Heart,

You did the right thing.
Keep up the good fight.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs