Wednesday, May 28, 2008

* My Quiet Place For Rent


A few weeks ago Joe Moore said restaurants were "thriving." Well, Joe, tell that to 'My Quiet Place' on Morse Avenue. Remember that street? It's in your own ward, Joe.
Joe Moore claims he wants to clean up troubled W. Morse Avenue in his 49th Ward, but for a year now Rogers Park has had to look at a simple pile of gravel on the sidewalk.



He keeps promising some mythical "Streetscape," but he can't pull enough people together to move a bunch of tiny stones?
Source.
This isn't something that just occurred overnight. Back on July 31, 2007 I reported this pile of gravel. It's no wonder businesses can't survive in Rogers Park. Look what the customers have to deal with to get to the place.

Blognotes: The only thing "thriving" in the 49th ward is incompetence at the leadership level.

5 comments:

Philip McGregor Rogers said...

ah my rock pile is famous!

Bill Morton said...

Great Jamaican Food.

I wonder why they went the way of Mama's Fish and the Morse Avenue Western Union?

billyjoe said...

Funny . . . everytime I see a sign advertising a "Jamaican" restaurant, my next thought is "I wonder how long that business will last?"

I sincerely doubt its failure is the fault of Joe Moore.

Cubans are the most efficient and successful purveyors of Caribbean-style food restaurants. If one wants that type of cuisine, there are many successful Cuban restaurants to choose from.

E! said...

Is there a hole under that gravel,
or is this something that could be taken care of with a broom and a little elbow-grease?

lafew said...

Supply and demand. Too many Jamaican restaurants, to few diners, no following, not on Check Please! Poor wait staff; disaster looms. What can I say.

What is the deal with Amphora's, Gateway, My Place For?, etc. Why can't the owner simply get good wait staff! It is like they are petuatually hiring inattentive people. The food is good, the wait staff is an absolute joke.

Also, the music needs to turn on at about 9:00 a.m.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs