Saturday, May 10, 2008

Schakowsky Interested, Moore Atwitter

Schakowsky makes play for Obama's seat

SENATE: If he wins presidency, she 'would be interested'


BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Sun-Times Political Reporter, April 6, 2008

Rep. Jan Schakowsky has made what appears to be the most explicit pitch yet to be appointed senator if Barack Obama is elected president. ...

"I would be. I certainly would be interested in that. I think it is unseemly and untimely right now to do much beyond stating my interest in that," Schakowsky said Friday in a taping of WMAQ-Channel 5's "City Desk." ...

"City Desk" with Carol Marin airs at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. It can also be viewed at www.nbc5.com/politics.

4 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

I think 18th District State Representative Julie Hamos would deserve the US Congress position before Joe.

MadeInRogersPark said...

Just remember the truth about Jan....out of one corner of her mouth she speaks against the war but when she gets the opportunity she publically supports the RICKOVER NAVAL ACADEMY which presently occupies space in Senn High School. You should visit the Naval Academy. This space was taken away from those students only fit to attend a General High School!
Shame shame on Jan....she could care less about those she calls 'her constituents'....she is one politician who cares only for herself, and her needs she will fight for without integrity!
Don't forget she failed to defend the children of Chicago Public Schools when it came time for the NAVY to intrude on space for just the students in General High School. Jan you make me so sick to my stomach I feel like....well reminding people who you really are!

Big Daddy said...

Let's hope for the best, that being that obama doesn't win, schakowsky loses the next election and they both fade away never to be seen or heard from again.

The North Coast said...

Agree with Craig on this.

I've met Julie Hamos a couple of times and she strikes me as competent, quietly confident, not given to grandstanding, a hard worker, and a person who is committed to improving civic life in Chicago.

I hope she runs for the U.S. Congress seat.

However, though I hate the Chicago machine, I still hope Obama prevails over McCain. McCain and Clinton seem to be in a contest to see who can stoop lowest in dishonesty and pandering. At least with Obama you get some honesty on the energy issue.

And the energy issue is what I'm voting on. Obama is only slightly less clueless than other two candidates on this life-or-death issue, but that difference is enough, and he's all we have.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs