Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chase Bank on Western Held Up


1:20 PM: Two car accident in the 1200 block of West Lunt. No one was injured. Traffic on Lunt is backed up.

1:56 PM: Check the well-being call has changed to a battery in progress at 7638 North Bosworth. Back-up has been called to the scene. Woman in the background is screaming like a greased pig being chased by the hog butcher.

2:20 PM: Bank robbery in progress. The Chase Bank at Lunt and Western has been held up. About $1000 dollars was taken and no die pack was put in the get-away bag. The offender is either a male/white or male/hispanic. The offender is in his early 20's. No word yet on the scanner if a weapon was displayed. But a 'Broken Heart' source on the street says a weapon was displayed.

Bank robbery crime scene photo courtesy Rogers Park 60645.

2:30 PM: Officers are manning their posts for the Sullivan High School dismissal.

3:00 PM: Sullivan student back-up at Ashland and Pratt. Students are stalling and the police have put the round-up method on them to continue moving north like cattle on Ashland.

4:00 PM: A north side man was sentenced to eight years in prison Wednesday after pleading guilty to the hit-and-run killing of a college student who had just rescued a woman from an attack outside a Rogers Park bar last spring.

Boubacar Bah, 25, of the 1400 block of West Farwell, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one count of aggravated DUI and was sentenced by Cook County Judge Clayton Chase to eight years, according to Cook County State's Attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton. Source.

9:00 PM: If crime is down, then don't tell that to the few police on duty tonight. The scanner activity is busy as can be, and the police can't keep up. I can't keep up with all the crime. I think Joe Moore is full of crap when he says crime is decreasing. We'll have more on the lying 49th ward politician tomorrow. I never tire of writing about this tax payer funded sap. Sleep tight.

14 comments:

mcl said...

7638 N. Bosworth...one of the 12 AIMCO, NorthPoint properties NoH.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Oh man, that's a bad robbery that happened. I feel for the employees. As for the Sullivan students, well, it may be only a matter of time before the brawls start happening again. A couple of fights were breaking out throughout the day.

Man On The Street said...

Good to hear the police have been able to diffuse some of the afterschool on-the-street fights (or does not wanting to hang around in the cold have something to do with it?). Keep us posted, Sullivankid.

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

MOTS: Yeah, I agree. There hasn't been no fights after school for a few days now, but that might change. I have a bit of a feeling it will. I will keep everyone posted here.

Unknown said...

Craig, can you give us a description of "the round-up method" used. Have you actually seen it deployed?

Craig Gernhardt said...

Yes, Michael, I've seen it. The police use multiple police cars with their lights flashing and sirens blaring, with foot a few patrols on the sidewalks, pushing the kids north, along the Ashland corridor.

Like the old western movies where the cattlemen on horses push the cattle along the range in a general direction, hoping all the cattle follow along the route.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Like this.

T. H. M. said...

Wow, such a cute little kid from sullivan trying to be like Craig

floss said...

boubacar bah humbug

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

In reply to T.H.M: First of all, i'm no little kid. I am 15 years old! Second, where do you get off saying this about me? I haven't done a thing to you or anyone else! I'm being nice enough to tell Craig and the rest of you people of what happens there. You're lucky that you've gotten any info about that place from me. I could've been mean and kept it to myself, but I want to inform people so they could evantually start doing something about it.

Thrid, i'm not like Craig in NO way (well, maybe except for reporting crime on a page). I don't have the guts to do half the things he's done for you guys who read this blog. I wouldn't go out some where and just start taking pics/videos of public arguements, fights, etc. because like I said, I don't have the guts to do that. I do what I do and he does what he does.

Finally, if anybody's got a problem with me having a crime blotter and observing my school for Craig, why don't you email me about it? I will not have public arguements on a blog and i'm not going to take taunts/threats from anybody.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Timmy, I got the solution. I'll just put a ban on this troublemakers comments. He really adds nothing good to the conversation anyhow.

mcl said...

Timmy,
Stay with it and don't be discouraged by the 'naysayers'.

Anonymous said...

Check please! Had enough!

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

In reply to yesterday's post from Craig: Thanks alot. I was getting very annoyed by this person.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs