Saturday, April 4, 2009

Go Pat Go (Update 3X)


Live blogging from Ireland today. Noel, Pat and I are ready to hit the course. The sections are on the mountains, in the forest, some river sections, and two sections on the beach shoreline. I just love the scenery here.

With that, let's go Pat. Make America proud.

Update #1: Man-made stadium section one went smooth. Sections 2,3,4 were brutal river runs. All riders are struggling. Pat got frustrated at section 3. But so did everyone else. Each Spanish rider finished the section yelling, "Puta!" (Look it up yourself. I don't like using that word.) Sections 5,6,7 are on the beach shoreline. I'm off to catch those now.

Update #2: 43 points on the first loop, for second place. But, add 6 points for time penalties (late coming in on the first loop, and Pat drops to 5th.

Update #3: Pat just finished with 96 points. Poor kid had the nastiest crash I've seen in a while on section 7. Physically, it wasn't that bad. Mentally, he fell apart after that. It was so hard to watch. Wish I had a magic pill to fix it. The score won't hold up. 32 riders are still on the course. Oh well. Better luck tomorrow. I hope. Needless to say, we're a bit bummer out.

I'm going to the pub for a cold one after I console Pat. If you know what I mean.

Last Update: Pat's worst day as a World Championship rider. 12th place.

No comments:

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs