Monday, April 27, 2009

More Shots Fired in the 49th Ward

Hey Craig,

Last night was my first back in Rogers Park (near Morse/Greenview).

I'm 99% sure I heard 5-6 shots fired, a car speeding away, and police sirens around 3:45 a.m. Sounded like it was in my alley, but it could have echoed from anywhere down toward Ashland. Have you heard or seen anything? If not, where would I find it?

I usually go to your blog for the skinny on stuff like that, but I don't see anything. Maybe I was wrong?

Thanks for any info and have a good day.

Blognotes: Yes, there was a 911 call for "shots fired" last night in this area.

Monday - 4:27 PM: Shots fired. Jonquil and Bosworth. One shot fired. At 4:30 PM, police give the "slow down."

2 comments:

sandm said...

I heard them all. I happened to be up and heard 7-8 from my open window at Lakewood and Farwell. Sounded like it could have been anywhere from Sheridan to Morse. Cops were scrambling immediately

Kristi Logan said...

I'm near Greenview/Lunt and whatever it was woke me up in the middle of the night that night (Sunday night/Monday early AM). Tried to convince my husband that it was gunshots, but don't think he believed me.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs