Friday, December 18, 2009

Many Fights @ Sullivan Today But Happy Ending

Many brawls and general mayhem broke out at Sullivan on this last day of school for two weeks. I didn't see a lot of the brawls (I only saw one forming) but I heard it was really bad. I think the first ones broke out around 2nd or 3rd period, then there were a couple of big ones during 4th period. The biggest one was supposedly in the cafeteria, with a huge food fight erupting. There were arrests and several of them at that. I saw quite a few cops in the school. I think there a couple of more fights during 5th period. Luckly, though, nothing happened during my lunch period.

At 6th period, as I was coming down from my class after being excused (since my class was having a party), I saw about 10 guys running down the 2nd floor hallway awfully fast. Then more people followed behind. I'm guessing that there was a fight because there was also lots of unusual shouting and the guys looked ready to fight. I also heard something about a group fighting right outside of the school at about 11:45am. It must've been the group that was kicked out. I'll explain that right now.

The school took no crap from us, the students, today. After 4th period, if you were in the hallway after the late bell, you were to be sent home by the staff with, I guess, some sort of consquence. I have never seen so many administrators with radios in hand, trolling the hallway, like today in my one year and 3 months of being at Sullivan. They were on a zero tolerance policy. The clerks in the main office were yelling over the PA system for kids to get to class. Administrators excepted to see not even one kid in the hallway. Needless to say, some kids were out in the halls, just looking to go home.

I also saw several arrests today, for probably fights and other goofy stuff. I wonder why, on this last day, people just couldn't come to school and act right? I mean, come on. It's the last day. If it were a Monday and we were just starting back, I could see, but on a Friday and we're letting out? It's stupid. Well, at least one good thing came out of today. I won't have to see the rowdies for a while.

On a brighter side, there were some kids wishing others a Merry Christmas. Teachers did this too. It was also a real easy day in terms of doing class work. In my class, we had a great big party. At the end, we all said our goodbyes and that we'll see each other in the new year. Also, 8th and 9th periods were canceled for the school-wide Christmas party held in the main lobby, in front of the office. A dressed up Santa Claus came as well.

So, to all staff and kids who read this blog and my posts, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. See you all in 2010!

3 comments:

Man On The Street said...

Good God, Timmy, it sounds like chaos there. How can anyone get any work/learning done? Wonder what's the rule about kicking guys out of school. It seems they have other things they'd rather do anyway.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Wasn't it about this time last year Freaky Nu Nu got killed?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

MOTS, it was pure chaos there today. This was the worst I can remember it since like March or April of this year. Strangely, though, it was calm yesterday and days before. They just probably felt like "cuttin' up" (as one of my friends says) since it was the last day. I'm not sure what the rule is.

Craig, it sure is. Now you all up in Rogers Park are going to have to keep a close eye on things, right? With it being this time of the year, I would think so.

Luckly, though, when we return in 2010 on our first day, it's excepted to be calm for the most part. Alot calmer than today, I can tell you that.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs