Friday, September 24, 2010

Items needed for one tenant who has been displaced from the fire on Albion

A retired man who lost everything in a fire that happened on Albion this week needs some help. If anyone has these items below they could spare, I'm helping collect them for this gentleman.

* Pants 29" waist/30" length
* Shirt size: Small or 15 1/2"
* Sweaters/Medium
* Coat/Medium
Socks/UnderwearToiletries:  soap, toothpaste, razors, shaving cream, etc.

By tomorrow I'll have a secure location to drop off these items. In the mean time leave me a message here in the comments section and I'll arrange to pick them up.

5 comments:

Rita said...

I keep extras of toiletries in the house - I can put together a package with toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo, towel/washcloth, etc. if you want to bring it to him tonight. Touhy and Sheridan.

Suzanne said...

Hey Craig, count on me for the skivvies and toiletries.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Thanks, Rita and Suzanne. Renee at the Glenwood, 6962 N. Glenwood, has offered to let me drop off a basket or bin for collections.

And, Suzanne, hope all is well with you.

The North Coast said...

Does he need a blanket? Have a very warm one, freshly washed.

Hillari said...

Rogers Park Baptist Church operates a food pantry on both Mondays and Tuesdays -- however, Tuesday is the only day where clothes and toiletries are given out, too. It's open at 4:00 PM, and is by appointment only. He can call 773-743-2200 before 1:00 PM weekdays.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs