Saturday, January 1, 2011

German Shepherd on the Loose

What a way to start the new year. Saving a German shepherd. This morning a stray male dog was running loose around the Hollywood and Lake Shore Drive area. Three police cars were driving around trying to corner the loose running dog.


 Cars were trying to avoid hitting the dog as it was being rounded-up.


All I could think was we need to catch him before he gets run over, or at the very worst, shot, if the dog decided to attack the police during capture.


I felt confident enough to help out. With the help of the police, we were able to get the dog cornered with-in 5 minutes. I calmed the scared dog down as it was cornered and growling at us, and was able to get a leash around it's neck. Once the shepherd was calm enough, I loaded him in the back of one of the squad cars.


The police now have custody of the dog. If they don't find the owner, I'd be glad to find it a good home. And, I would like to get my favorite leash back.

10 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

Where were all my anonymous, smart-ass spell checkers on this post?

Chip Bagg said...

.
Are you sure it wasn't a coyote?

Chip Bagg said...

.
Oh I get it now. At first I thought the video of the coyote had nothing to do with a German Shepherd on the loose. I am interested, however, - being German myself - as to the whereabouts of the shepherd, and whether or not the coyote ate his sheep. Is that how all this fits together? This post was harder to figure out than a comment by geekofeako.

Timothy Fitz said...

Poor doggy. His parents, assuming the dog had an owner, should be ashamed!

Did the cops try to entice the pooch with food? I have never met a dog that refused a treat.

Unknown said...

Yeah its tough to figure out things from the context clues when things arent spelled out!

Is Cheap Brat clogging up the comment section again with his inane/incorrect interpretation of the blog entry and comment section
again?

I believe its Geekofreako also.

Craig Gernhardt said...

This post made CBS local news. Click the headline.

Big Daddy said...

Timothy, you bring up an interesting and novel concept, enticing a dog with food. Just last night I was attempting to capture a stray pitbull when one of my Officers produced a piece of ground beef from their hamburger. The dog stopped, sniffed the air surrounding the burger and then ran away, refusing to take a bite of the burger or ploy. We eventually captured him by running him to the ground. But he didn't take the food. He is now living warm and snug in the home of some urban pioneer.

billyjoe said...

Craig: What youre basically telling us that even though Morse Ave. is a hellhole, a German Shepherd in temporary distress is ultimately more interesting and newsworthy to you. I'll expect more reports on cute babies, other housepets, and of course, dirt biking, on this site in the future.

Just don't bring back Timmy.

Chip Bagg said...

.
@Pig Daddy
"We eventually captured him by running him to the ground."
Animal cruelty?
If he wasn't already enticed by the smell of bacon wafting from the pores of you and your officers, why would he be tempted by a fast food burger? You should have tried sharing one of your donuts. Or are they to precious?

Mike Vick said...

Shudda hollad at ME brothah.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs