Thursday, October 18, 2012

Man killed by Taxi on Sheridan Road (Update 2x)

(Oct. 18, 2012/Rogers Park) - Early this morning an off-duty Chicago Police officer was killed when he was hit by a taxi in the 6800 block of North Sheridan Road. Police reports say the alleged accident happened at Pratt and Sheridan at 3:45 a.m., which has been the scene of many cars vs. people crossing the road over the years. In many cases -- the cars always win. That's why I always respect the light.

I won't cross Sheridan Road until I've got the green light.  For extra precautions and good measure, I wait an extra second or two, for the dust to settle. You know what I mean, if you've crossed Sheridan Road. Those yellow light to red light runners, coming or going -- to and from the northern suburbs. They don't give a shit about us Rogers Parkers.

BLOGNOTES #1: Out of respect, his name won't be released here until an official report is released. Ironically, this same officer was looking forward to hosting a party at Hamilton's Bar on Oct. 20, 2012, as a farewell to the bar's closing after Loyola University bought the property.

UPDATE 1: Although his Facebook page, along with his friends and acquaintances tell me he's a Police Officer -- I'm getting word he was working for the Water Reclamation District as a security officer. Whatever the case, here's a city worker, who served our city, then got mowed down by a cab traveling down Sheridan Road at 3:45 a.m.

BLOGNOTES #2: Questions still remain unanswered. Did the cabbie try to make the light at Pratt and Sheridan? Was this cabbie speeding at the time? There is a police camera on this very corner to document this accident -- or homicide.

Was it working?

UPDATE 2:  Full story here.

7 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

Oh, by the way. You won't see this on Everyblock, as not only am I banned, the site owner canned me as a news mention, because the owner of the site has a bug up his ass on me.

Funny, in 2008, when he was a chump website without NBC backing, he used me for content to make his site attractive to new readers.

Now that he's popular with the anoymous net crowd, he can block the sites that made him his money.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps that off duty CPD officer was ingesting a few coctails at the Oasis?

Craig Gernhardt said...

Anon 4:23 PM. No one at the Oasis is commenting, although that was my first though on the story.

Anonymous said...

a little over service= dram shop liability.

Philip McGregor Rogers said...

http://rogersparkandsouthevanston.blogspot.com/

I decided to start my own blog Craig. I think its better off of everyblock I find it too stifling there. Later.

I hope this guy is okay btw.

Anonymous said...

You pointed roughly finicky subject matter. These tips are very beneficial.

limostarz said...

you have done a great job, it really prove worthwhile for my Sedan Service in Bay Area business.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs