Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where's Jeff-O when you need him?

New graffiti at Lunt and Glenwood
(Oct. 17, 2012/Rogers Park) - You either love graffiti -- or you hate it. Some think it's a work of art. Some think it's a community eyesore. Well, this little scrawling on the wall really pissed me off. See, On Oct. 10, 2012, the CTA gave the Lunt Ave. wall a fresh coat of white paint. And, with-in a few hours, someone had to use the wall has their own personal notebook -- jotting down a note about how much this person publicly misses Val Wow, and wants the Rogers Park residents who walk down Lunt Avenue to know about.

I guess this person isn't on Facebook or Everyblock? Okay, all joking aside, that's only half the sad story. Here's the real sad part.

The next day, on Oct. 11, 2012, I noticed a contracted painter finishing the Lunt Ave. painting job - and I pointed out to him the unwanted graffiti written on the wall. It was just two feet away from where he was painting at the time of our conversation about this graffiti. See, I was trying to avoid a bunch of red tape on the matter. It would've taken him less than two-seconds -- maybe three -- with his big ass official paint roller - and his huge five gallon bucket of fresh white paint.

But hell no if he was going to use it to cover up the graffiti, per my simple request of him. He probably thought , "I painted this wall once already -- fuck this asshole if he thinks I'm going to paint the wall for a second time...."  He shrugged me off -- and left the graffiti on the wall.

It's still there, today, Oct. 17th. I think this may be a job for our very own 49th Ward graffiti buster, Jeff-O to handle. That's right up his alley. Basic white paint and a three inch brush - two strokes, a little wipe up - and he's finished.

2 comments:

Philip McGregor Rogers said...

Thanks for alerting us to this problem. Its its still up when I go by I will wipe it out no prob. :)

Philip McGregor Rogers said...

SOP for vandals.
SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)

Immediatly hit back after something new is done. No biggee.

Problocker Spray Paint at Sherwin Williams works the best.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs