Friday, January 27, 2006

* Terrible Tear Down on Estes

Alderman Moore & His Buddy Developers Just Can't Get It Right
Exclusive Dual Photographer-Photo Essay


A reader asked I check out a single family home tear down in the neighborhood yesterday at 1620 West Estes. So when I got there I found a un-secure demolition project that one wonders how these jokers even get permits. With no-No trespassers signs, no secure fencing, no permit display, it looks like any other house on the street, except there was a huge tractor with a demolition claw sitting in the middle.

^ These first couple of photos are taken by Jim the neighbor. The first photo is from the middle of the street. You see a fence with both ends open on the sides (maybe you can't, but trust me, it is open) allowing anyone to enter right up to the steps as Jim the neighbor did in the bottom photo.

Jim the neighbor could have rung the door bell, if there was a door bell to ring.

If an adult is curious what is going on, can you imagine the neighborhood kids that pass by? We have all read the horror stories about kids wandering on un-supervised construction sites. Here is one of those accidents waiting to happen.


^ The next two photos I took. Where-as Jim the neighbor likes the big picture outlook, I like the up-close look. Take a real close look at the ugly debris that fell on the next door neighbors side of the fence from the out of control demolition.

It's like a tornado hit and took Toto away.

A tear-down project that spills over to the neighbors sidewalk can't be legal or safe unless you live in Rogers Park. Unless your friends name is Alderman Joe Moore (D-49). Then this is acceptable.

If you think this was yesterday's only Estes tear-down horror story, think again. I will have a couple more terrible tear-down stories later today. After you have had your breakfast.

3 comments:

Toto said...

Toto sez: It wasn't the tornado that blew me away, it was the wizard's bad breath.

Jim Witts said...

Lunt Ave does bring up a good point.

This blog over it's lifespan has moved more to the BIG picture of why we have these consistant problems in RP.

However, while going after the big fish, there is less focus on the small ones. The ones causing the day to day problems.

i.e...I havn't seen a picture of a drug dealer or feces in quite a while. Devorp would point that out as proof that crime has gone down. Has it?

In some areas a bit... In others???

That being said, I'm not asking anyone to go out and risk themselves to get pictures of dealers or such. I'm just sharing my opinion.

Keep up the good work.

Toto said...

Dusty: Well howdy pardner?
Toto: Dusty, I feel like singing a song, I just don’t know which one to pick? There’s so many good ones out there.
Dusty: Well pull up a log little dogey, (guitar strum), let’s try this one for size, it’s an old favorite.

Oh give me land, lots of land to build new condos on
Don't fence me in
Let me tear down some houses that no one cares about
Don't fence me in

Let the dust fly all around in the winter breeze
Listen to the grinding of the bulldozer please
A little dust in the air and a few people sneeze
Don't fence me in

Just gut ‘em out, knock ‘em down, and haul the junk away
Don’t fence me in

Do it fast as you can, before they can complain

Don’t fence me in

Not every teardown in RP deserves con-dem-na-tion
The new condo building will have an association
Just be glad your neighborhood is a new sensation
Don't fence me in
Don't fence me in

Dusty: We’ll how’s that little feller’
Toto: How ‘bout some more?
Dusty: Pass me the bottle Toto.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs