Friday, June 30, 2006

* Auto Gets Trashed


Got the mayo? Check. Pinto beans? Check. Eggs? Plenty of them. What we have here is a good old fashioned car salad. About 5:30 a.m. this morning, Glenwood, east side of the track between Morse Avenue and Lunt. Someone emptied what looked like the entire contents of their fridge on this car. I'm not kidding. Some of the food smelled rotten.

This was clear revenge. This was done on purpose. The car windows were smashed. Front and rear. The radio and speakers ripped out. It was egged. And egged and egged. Someone is not going to be happy when they see this.

Blognotes: A Streets and Sanitation crew came out at 7:30 a.m. and was on this job like flies to..... Well you know.

5 comments:

ThatGirl said...

Perhaps i'm stereotyping but nothing ticks a guy off like wasting his food and trashing his ride. :P

I'd lay money on this being the work of a very angry, scorned woman.
Hell hath no fury.....

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ThatGirl said...

Unfortunately trashing someone's car is such primal revenge. You know you're going to cost someone alot of money and aggravation and you get to smash the hell out of inanimate object.

A month or so ago, The hub and I saw a group of young guys jumping on top of a car and smashing the windshield. The cops were already turning down Greenleaf & Greenview as the gang was running west on Lunt.

Last summer our parking lot fell victim to window-smashers, my car being one vandalized.

Idiots love the sound of smashing glass.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Nice to hear from you again Alissa. Please, feel free to e-mail me and I'll give you my number, we can get together.

craiggernhardt@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Dear Craig,

It's been interesting reading your blog and hearing what's been going on in Rogers Park since I left last year. Which brings me to the reason I'm writing:

Would mind removing my name from this story:
>> Wednesday, September 07, 2005
* GAY MAN ATTACKED IN ROGERS PARK<<

Apparently people have "googled" my name and continue to ask me about it. The problem is it's more personal than them simply asking about Howard or Rogers Park. It's causes disruptions in my life, not to mention having to revisit the whole awful experience. So before this turns into a bigger problem, I thought maybe you wouldn't mind removing my name from the post. You are welcome to contact me directly at Bullybull65@aol.com if you have any questions concerned the Rogers Park/Howard aspect of the story. Otherwise, I appreciate your removing my name.

Sincerely, and thank you
Gene Skala

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs