Monday, July 31, 2006

* Inside the Numbers

Yesterday while Alderman Moore was sponsoring a gangsta rap picnic in Gale Park, the Block building was again ground zero for a good old fashioned shit kicking, courtesy of the tenants and their friends that hang out there. I caught the tail end of one such beating yesterday.

Around 4:30 p.m., a male took a nice enough beating to frighten his girlfriend. She was crying hysterically. Why? Her boyfriend's mouth was swollen, he had a bloodied lip and his white shirt also took in some blood stains. 911 was called.

Speaking of 911 calls, the Block building at Lunt and Glenwood (1345 West Lunt) had three such 911 calls yesterday. Three that I know of. Gun shots - gang dispersal- assaults. See, these Block buildings produce a lot of 911 calls according to the Chicago police 911 records. More than a normal building should. I'd like to give you a side-by-side comparison...

... I'd like to tell you how many 911 calls,
but Kevin O'Neil, the Alderman's trusty CAPS side-kick won't allow me. He has threatened to ban me from anymore 'insider' meetings if I divulge the numbers. They are secret numbers and these secret 911 call numbers aren't allowed for public use according to Kevin O'Neil.

The only thing missing from the secret back room deal was the smoke.

4 comments:

fedup dem said...

Someone should remind O'Neill that this is America, not North Korea.

Abe said...

uhh . . . Mr. Block?

Jocelyn said...

like I said- negativity

Abe said...

RPUSA - I was not there, and I am not commenting on the picnic. RP has gotten better, but how much can you reward the alderman for that. I would say that almost every neighborhood in Chicago has gotten much better, and RP is bound to improve, being underpriced for its transportation and lake location.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs