Friday, September 8, 2006

* Beat 2431 Citizen Walk Tonight

Last week, CAPS beat 2431 facilitator said because of the dismal CAPS walk turn-out last week, he would go all out and do flyers for a CAPS walk next week. Kevin even went as far as saying the walk would be a celebration of sorts.

Well, next week is here and Kevin just sent me a last minute email saying he wanted to push this event off a week and really have a celebration.

This guys got to be kidding. Celebrate what? The fact Alderman Moore continues to cover up for Mr. Block and the Block building? The Block building is as bad as ever. He wants to wait a week?

The Alderman continues to turn his back and not listen to the citizens concerns regarding this slumlord. Sound familiar? So, instead of waiting for someone else to get shot or beat up in front of this Block building, Paws4Peace will pick up the slack and host this weeks walk Kevin promised to host - but didn't.

What: Neighborhood Citizen Walk
Where: Block building - 1340 West Morse (Glenwood and Morse Avenue - northeast corner)
When: Tonight - Friday - 6 p.m.

For those who want to make it a March or Rally or Protest, feel free, join in. Word is, there is going to be a BIG announcement.

Updated - 9-9-2006: Five dogs joined the Paws 4 Peace dog group last night for a walk down Morse Avenue - with nine neighbors in tow. The walk started at the Block building at 1340 West Morse Avenue and went to Clark Street, then back to the Block building. The walk lasted about 45 minutes.

All aldermanic candidates (including Alderman Moore) knew about the walk. Jim Ginderske was the only "official" Aldermanic candidate brave enough to attend the walk.

This was double the crowd that attended last weeks pathetic CAPS venture.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I just heard from a neighbor that the Paws walk is cancelled for tomorrow.

We couldn't make it anyway. We are n/a until we get our rental apartment finished.

Craig Gernhardt said...

The walk is tonight, and the walk hasn't been canceled, despite the sad rumors circulating from a certain group of people with other agendas, like covering for bad landlords such as Mr. Block.

This walk tonight is nothing more than a promise to fulfill a walk CAPS beat 2431 facilitator Kevin O'Neil had promised to organize in our community battle against high concentration of crime near bad buildings, yet didn't.

CrimeStopper2 said...

Hey Craig,

Actually my son and I are down ill with the flu, and doing the walk tonight would have made me very happy. I'm sure you have heard it out your window the last few nights, but we have had two loud rowdy groups talking in front of the 1237-1247 Lunt building (you know the one, Mr. Alex's building) and the second group hangs out closer to you west of there. I almost called 911 last night around 12:30-1:00 AM, because its hard enough to get sleep right now, even without the noise. I'll put my camera on if you call me when you get nearby to give you some video footage of your walk. You know where I live. I hope you have a GREAT TURNOUT!

Jordan.Vielehr said...

Craig,

Last night you made a comment to a women "that people are attacking your personal life". I will apologize if you took what I said to heart. It was not meant that way. I thought you would understand the direction my comment was going. It was not about finding pictures. It was to show you that your actions were inappropriate. I really hope that in the future you will not write postings which attack another’s family. I know if you said something about my family, you would be in some trouble. On that note, again I will apologize.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Jordan,

It's a shame you couldn't have given more time to the community and joined us in the walk last night. I guess standing across the street watching is more your style.

To the comments you overheard. I've been attacked personally since I've been a teenager. My peers always thought it was fun to call me a queer or fag just because my father was. Now, as an adult, the personal attacks continue, just in a different way. Now the attacks come from internet posters, some anonymous, many who never met me.

I accept your apology and will try to stay out of "some trouble" by not talking about your family as I never did in the first place - but as you did about mine.

Jordan.Vielehr said...

No Craig, what you fail to see is you were talking about Don Gordon's family. I just thought you might realize that it was a mistake to post anything about his daughter. A shot at your family was just an eye opener. Nothing personal.

You also must realize that I do not care to join in community walks which really do not accomplish anything. I was not across the street watching. (6) of you did not catch my attention, nor anyone elses. I walked to the liquor store to get some wine. I live North of Morse so there would be no reason for me to be on block building side. When returning I did walk on your side at stopped and introduced myself. Maybe my "style" is cleaning up the outside of my courtyard and alley instead of a community walk. Next time you do a Friday night clean, please let me know. I will be sure to join in. Until then, I will not join in community walks.

Jordan.Vielehr said...

Great thinking using my name to post this. If you really look deep into this story, you will see my brothers’ name, Michael A. Vielehr right underneath mine. He was arrested the next night. I am surprised you had missed that. You may even be able to dig deeper and see what I was eventually was convicted with. (A. Nothing) What’s even better is that you can not post this as yourself. That is mostly what is wrong with Rogers Park. Everyone complains but nobody will do anything. (You're too afraid of the neighborhood).

Craig Gernhardt said...

Jordan Vielehr moaned .......>" Everyone complains but nobody will do anything. "

Jordan Vielehr declared .......> " I will not join in community walks."

Speak for yourself Jordan. Many of us give hundreds and hundreds of hours volunteering- basically doing anything, including community safety walks.

Jordan.Vielehr said...

Craig,

If you want to be my friend that much, I will show up at the next community walk (that was a joke.) I will be more than happy to give a helping hand in the neighborhood. If you want to walk around today and clean with me, give me a call. 847-812-2686. Anything you want. Please feel free to call and I will volunteer. Probably stupid to put my phone # on here. I will be expecting a call.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs