Friday, September 8, 2006

* Waste Removal Company Starts Too Early for One Resident

Reader submitted story

Hi Craig, Yet another 911 call goes unanswered. What time can private trash collectors begin to remove waste?

4:45 am.... I think not.
,
Premiere Waste also demes it necessary to silence there backup alarm. I even witnessed a fellow neighbor pelting the truck with rocks. Taunting the driver to leave his vehicle. Pussy boy driver would not only made a few calls. Have video for supporting evidence I'm enclosing. I can be pretty easy going and let a lot of things slide but when my 3yr old and 1 year old cry at 4:45 am Every fucking Monday and Wednesday this summer.

Groot picks up the Condo's on S.E corner Lunt and Wolcott every other Monday at 6:00 AM. Today's collector started at 4:45 AM corner Farwell and Wolcott emptied 4 dumpsters then proceeded to Lunt and Ridge for another 5 dumpsters.

Signed,

Help me stop the early morning noise.


Here's the code, Sec. 30-458. Scavenger operations.

All scavenger operations in the County, commercial and municipal, shall limit the actual contact hours involved in the pickup of refuse and all other solid waste in any residential or business-commercial zone (R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, R-5, R-5A, R-6, R-7, R-8, C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4 and C-5 ) wherever regular human occupancy is involved by virtue of residence only and such contiguous portions of any I-1, I-2, I-3 or 1-4 zone within 600 feet of any such place of regular residence or the institutional equivalents (hospitals, nursing homes, etc.) to the period of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. These limits apply only to those contact periods wherein the collection function is in progress in R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, R-5, R-5A, R-6, R-7, R-8, C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4 and C-5) and contiguous portions of I-1, I-2, I-3 and 1-4 zones and are not intended to include or confine such functions as start up and shut down operations at the central operating point (transfer station, sanitary landfill, incinerator, etc.) or the transit time of the first trip to and the last trip from the defined collection areas. Noise levels in such central operating points shall be governed by the property line values applicable for the location ( Sections 30-464 through 30-467). The exemptions on engine operation when parked of Section 30-460(a) shall apply as will the restrictions on new vehicles of Section 30-460(b) and vehicle use of Section 30-460(c)(1). When under severe conditions it can be shown to the satisfaction of the Director that operation outside these hours is in the overall public interest or operationally essential, special variance can be requested for such period as can likewise be shown necessary. (Code 1980, § 16-9.5; Ord. of 4-30-1963; Ord. of 11-6-1972, p. 5163.)

7 comments:

proGun said...

http://www.sleep-deprivation.com/

Allied Waste services
773 579 3600

5:36 AM
Lunt and Alley east of Clark

Yet another Collector
579 3600
Green Leaf and Clark
5:50 AM

This has been mentioned at Caps
to the Aldermans office
City Clerk
Various police that I have seen and spoken with.

This has affected my ability to remain productive at work and as a father and husband.
When 911 does not respond who can I call?
I have videos that I shot this morning as evidence.

rogerspark60645 said...

Thank you! This has been going on in my area for years and it wakes me up every morning. I live over by the strip mall near Touhy and Western so every store has a different pick up. I get these trucks at 4:45 four out of five days a week. Blockbuster has one, the liquor store has another, you get it. They use different disposal companies. They also have the beeping when they back up right before the big crash. I have called the companies and they say they’ll talk to the driver but nothing ever changes. I thought the law was 7:00 (I could be wrong). I have often wondered if these guys start their shift early so that they can hit the ballpark in the afternoon. Whatever. It sucks.

Don Mac Gregor said...

Hooray! This blog has returned to important neighborhood issues. For a moment there I thought Craig was going to post phootos of James Ginderske meeting with Bat Boy. :)

Don Mac Gregor said...

Unfortunately, there was no time date on the video and no sound.

proGun said...

I have called 311 911, spoken with individual police officers, caps meetings, local streets and sans, the drivers of the trucks, among others. This beginning in early June after we discovered what was waking our childern up.
Not at my best after a couple of hours sleep when my daughter comes crying into my room claiming lions are scaring her.
For weeks we wrote it off before June.
On Labor Day I called 911 blocked the alley with one of my cars and waited for the police to arrive.
The driver had enough time to empty 9 bins at 2 stops in the alley confront and threaten me.
Back down the alley complete a 20 point turn only to return at 4:45 am on Thursday.

Now I hunt these bastards down video and log the info.

Those who know me, know I respect the process. But this threatens the health and welfare of my family.
Those of you who know me know whats next.

proGun said...

No first you call in the press.
A fate far worse than being snuffed in an alley.
Just ask JJ about "excuses me just one more question about the dead childern." IAGTH. "CM"

If an auto is hit by a garbage truck backing up with no rear movement indicator it is an accident.
If a pedestrian is hit by a garbage truck backing up with no rear movement indicator it might be manslaughter.

These guys waste no time flying through the alleys at 4:45 AM.

I identified the most offensive carrier and route to several involved.
It has taken a while to gather good info and find the right ear to prime. I feel the punishment should fit the crime and the fines are listed.
Hopefully that resolves it.
If I feed a group such as this these drivers names and adreses just what per say would you do with them?

Oh as to thouroughness,
We could name these drivers
last three residences, who he voted for, dogs name.
Google baby.
But WTH this is a crime and I repoted it.

Jocelyn said...

These drivers are responsible for their actions. If they break the law, it's their choice- even is their boss orders them to do it. We all have choices.

What about submitting to the Tribune Problem Solvers? This column seems to be getting things done. Sounds like you have all the information you need.

This is a total quality of life issue. We haven't had this problem. What wakes us up occasionally is some complete losers having a loud argument in front of our building or close by at 2am. Sociopaths that don't realize other people exist- other people that actually hold jobs and try to contribute something to society.

I cannot believe all the unemployed wandering around our neighborhood during the day. It's obvious they don't have jobs- they seem to have no direction unless they are going to pick up their drugs. Okay, enough venting.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs