Thursday, September 7, 2006

* Publishers Father Runs With Rough Crowd


Lots a buzz (no pun intended) has been made over my story on Shanna Gordon today, which I did nothing she didn't do. I linked her website to mine.

I didn't take any photos of the drunk people. I didn't make any of the comments. Those were her words, her photos. It was her website, I just did a link up.

She was using her website to reach out for campaign help for her father. Even going as far as offering class credit to those who did help. I spotted it And a whole lot more!

Since it's been exposed. She's altered the word content to choir girl status.

How did this start. About a week ago, at the Top Hat. RP Everyman wanted to talk about my drinking habit in the comments section. He went on and on. I never talked about private issues before. But I have been attacked over numerous occasions, in my own comments section. I had enough of this so-called Everyman - closet case.

So today, I leveled myself to their level. Using my full name of course. Not some hide behind the computer troll. In the process, people want to dig more dirt on me naturally. That's the game. And if they want to play hardball, I can play. See, I've been fighting in this hot kitchen for years, I can handle it.

If you can't handle me, you are never going to handle Alderman Moore.

Jordan Vielehr and one of my closet - coward commenters named RP Everyman wanted to get some dirt on my dead dad. So I figured I'd help then out. Here my dad is at some wild party a few years ago. A few, few years ago.

Yes RP Everyone, you seem to know my families life so well, (I'm narrowing you down and yes, I believe you are part of the other guy camp) my dad went to many parties and got all greasy. Some were wilder than others. But let me tell you about this one. Left to right we have Dewey Harrington, Kathy Osterman, (yes folks, that's Harry's mom) then state's attorney Richard Daley, Alderman Bernie Hanson and some other party animals. My dad is far right next to Nancy Reiff.

Check out the party balloons in the background. No one underage here. No one making fun of the ghetto here. Woo hoo. Party on.

4 comments:

Abe said...

wow. Is this necessary?

Abe said...

Let me just say that after reading the previous posts and comments, this is all just a load of BS.

Craig, if you end up running, you will have some explaining to do. And yes, your private drinking habits at pubs within Rogers Park will be fair game and will be a problem (if what is being said here is true). Not saying that I agree with this fact f life, but there it is.

Everyone else that wants to rip on the Gordon daughter, and then him for raising her: I am sure none of you were rebellious, or raised a rebellious kid. I am sure none of you went out drinking BEFORE turning 21. And yes, I know some of you were drinking legally at 18, but it does not change the fact that people who live in glass houses . . .

I am sure that it is much easier to attack candidates personally than it is to debate the issues and have some of your own. This way, no one will ever hear Gordon's (or Craig's, if he runs) ideas. Its sad to say that this is the state of our democracy.

Back off the daughter. Back off the photos. None of them are truly that bad. Everyone here, posting OUTRAGED, has an agenda. I'm sure that includes even me, but I don't know what mine is yet. The daughter has some fun pictures. Craig, like his dad enjoyed having a few cocktails with some friends. Local taverns are a fun place to hang out and meet the neighborhood. They are not for everyone, but just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that is everyone's view. Kids have themed parties. Young people can sometimes be insensitive. Oh wait, If forgot that I live in hyper-sensitive Rogers Park. Loosen up, people.

Let me preemptively retract my remarks and apologise for offending anyone (i.e. deal with it).

Abe said...

I like to drink too. I'm not a great boozer, but seriously, what does that have to do with anything of importance?

Would you like your family dirt exposed to the world and discussed and critisized(sp?)? How about your family story mischaraterized and your children publicly berated? This sort of stuff has no business in our local politics, but there are always snakes lurking about.

Let's instead talk about political snakes, and how their scumbag parents raised raised such slimy people.

Ryne said...

Julie is correct, I have been reading the post about the Mr Gorden's daughter she is a young lady being a young lady (we where all young once!) she is trying to help in her dads bid to become aldermen, this makes sense it is her dad, you don't expect her to be working for joe "save the geese" moore. We need to lay of this bs & focus on the issues!

It seems the problems with running for office is that issues are not discussed, but mudslinging , past personnal issue's arise. everything other then addressing what will be done to improving situations in a ward, lower taxs, creating stores & companys to move into the city the make it a better & affordale place for all of us the live in, rich, poor, black, white etc.

Let's look at what is being brought to the table, not what a yong typical 21 yr old lady has done, & let's not focus on family pictures from the past. Let's look toward what needs to be done to make this ward & the city of Chicago a better place to work & live.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs