Wednesday, November 15, 2006

* The Coe Hole - A Year & Half Later

It's getting near our two year anniversary at the 'Broken Heart'. Two whole years. Looking back at some of the thousands of comments, I came across this beauty from Michael C. in bold below. I thought seeing the comments are down because of moderation, I'd post a few old one's in the next couple of day's. Watch out, one may be from YOU.

This is the lead-in. Here's what one of Alderman Moore's apologists said over a year and a half ago about a project presented to the community. It's now called the Coe Hole. Funny, it's just like those comment's made by people who jumped on the Andy MeGhee bandwagon recently.

"I think I speak for the vast majority of Rogers Parkers when I say I'm very happy that we're finally getting some quality development {Coe Hole} on Morse Avenue."
Michael C.
March 2005


Quality development Michael? Please. All I see is hole in the ground with weeds growing as high as the six foot fence.

The Coe Hole - October 2005

We know how Alderman Moore feels about Mr. Coe, just look at his D-2's.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Okay, so nothing good will ever happen on Morse or in our neighborhood- so we should just give up maybe?

The Morse Theater does not involve any tearing down, so we won't have a hole in the ground. The property is vacant now. We don't have much to lose. I live almost within 200 feet and I'm for it. I am going to have some faith on this one. And the Coe building will be built I hope as well. And the Adelphi. Permits take time. Time will reveal all.

Jocelyn said...

I read the blog. Are you saying you think a building will NEVER be built in the previously mentioned locations? So, a developer bought the land for a hefty sum, tore down the building, and now it will remain vacant forever? If that is so, there will be hell to pay. Like I said, time will tell if this is true. It is terrible how long the land is sitting vacant I agree.

I also don't think I need to prove Craig wrong in order to have my own opinion about these matters.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs