Sunday, January 21, 2007

* Criminals Caught in Action - Updated


You're sound asleep - then all of a sudden, a intruder is inside your house. What do you do? What do they want? To rob you? Rape you? Maybe worse.

Well not today. Today, one lucky resident in the Rider Building (1340 West Morse Avenue) doesn't have to worry why these two would-be 'criminal trespassers' were trying to break in.

Why? Because these two criminals got caught red-handed by the 'Broken Heart'!

It all started around 5:30 a.m. - with the break of the window glass. It was time to get up anyhow, and I really wanted a closer look at what was going on. (Note to my cowardly readers who can't even make comments under their real names, don't try this at home.) So I went outside and walked my dog.

I noticed three suspects eyeing the backside of the Rider building. They noticed me and started to head to Morse, giving the impression they were just lost. They were eyeing me up - as I was keeping a eye on them.

My dog finished her doodie, I picked it up and threw it away, and then I went back upstairs - acting like I didn't give a care why they were casing the Rider building. And then, they thought the coast was clear and went back to work.

I called 911. But I wasn't done there.

Little did they know, I was just starting. I knew something was up. See, I know what goes on at the Rider building. One of the guys went to work, being a spotter. His job was to watch for the police to come.

The other two were now inside the Rider compound (by waiting for a resident to leave in their car), thus opening the parking gate. They were now inside.

The door I featured a couple of weeks ago was locked now, so they couldn't enter the easy way.

That didn't stop them. They then moved the dumpster over - to climb up and get inside.

That's where the action begins. I had finally found my trusty video recorder - and began shooting the crime in progress.
(1 minute, 31 seconds), I rated this - Exciting.

So, today, no one has to worry about two of the three 'wanna-be criminals' and what dirty business they were really up to. They were caught red-handed, thanks to the Chicago Police Department and one resident of CAPS beat 2431. Oh, let's not forget, Paws 4 Peace.
****

Updated: I pestered my beat facilitator on NFC Sunday to find out some answers about what happened this morning. Thanks to Kevin O'Neil for getting back so quickly. I guess seeing the Steelers weren't playing, he wasn't that busy? Here's what I have so far.

Craig: I take it you're asking me to check with the cops on this? I'm happy to.

1. How old were the two arrested?
I won't get their ages.

2. If adults, who were these two?
Cops don't identify people who are charged with a crime. Only when convicted.

3. Where do they live?
I won't get their address.

4. What were they charged with?
If they are charged with a crime, I will tell you what it is.

11 comments:

rogerspark60645 said...

You rock Batman!

Gunga Dean said...

I love that. And in this digital age is serves as fair warning: The eys of "Hellhole" are upon you!

Kheris said...

Now THAT is news! Too bad we couldn't watch the arrest.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Kheris,

Why the camera stopped?

The break-in guys were on one side of a 8 foot, two layer barbed- wire fence and the police on the other side.

The spotter actually did his job well and that's why the guy jumped down.

They were trying to get away and went hiding, hoping the police would just drive by and not notice them.

That's when I stopped the camera and I yelling to the police where they were hiding. I was acting as their spotter from above, I was telling them where one was hidden deeper in the garage. I bet my neighbors hated that?

Like I said, two of the three were caught. The street spotter is on the loose.

And thanks for the compliments everyone.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Not to worry rp dude, lot's of rumors can spread when a story like this starts to float around the internet.

Jim Ginderske's campaign volunteer Tom Mannis is on the attack again, he swears the guy is just climbing out the window, not in. He thinks this is no big deal. I wonder what Jim thinks?

Craig Gernhardt said...

I might want to remind everyone, if it wasn't for the rapid response by the Chicago Police, this outcome may have been entirely different.

The police were on the scene within three minutes after the 911 call.

Tyler said...

Egh, pretty cool, but let's not sensationalize a little B and E. Catch a little violence next time and it's worth a second watch.

proGun said...

nicely done.

Big Daddy said...

A "little B and E"? Some of the most horrific crimes I've seen started out as "B and E's".

proGun said...

What were they charged with?
Was it an index crime?
Did they miss the game?

lafew said...

Do you have an HD video recorder? They are so much easier to burn to DVD-RW for police to use as evidence. . . perhaps!

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs