Wednesday, February 28, 2007

* Alderman Moore Trashes Neighborhood

Alderman Moore,

I first would like to congratulate you on your almost victory in last night's election. You should feel confident about the April run-off. I am a recent member of the 49th ward--unfortunately I am still registered in the 48th. Rest assured, I will make sure to change my voting registration before the election so I can cast my ballot in April--to vote for Don Gordon.

Before yesterday's election, I didn't have much issue with you. You seemed like a decent guy who wanted to improve our ward. Unlike others, I was willing to give you another shot. But because of your actions yesterday, my support for you no longer exists.

I live about a block and a half away from the Jarvis L station, and as I was walking home from the train last night after work, I was extremely disappointed at the trash all over the neighborhood. And by trash, I mean your little "election reminder" flyers. They were scattered throughout the block and a half I walked. Piles on the sidewalks. In the streets. Taped to gates. And the one that really tripped my trigger was the barrage of them taped to the door of my apartment. I want, along with the rest of the residents of this ward, to live in a clean neighborhood. You think just because you are struggling this year with your popularity that you can litter our neighborhood with your flyers? Bad form.

I was under the assumption that an incumbent alderman would have a little bit more class. Apparently I was wrong. You, sir, don't. All you care about is getting re-elected. It doesn't matter how you do it--just so long as it gets done. I am very disappointed. To make matters worse, as I walked to the train station this morning your trash was still there. Candidates are supposed to remove all election materials by this morning and you didn't. Shame on you. If you are so worried about bettering our neighborhood, then you should follow your own advice. Don't dirty our neighborhood just so you can stroke your ego.

I hope when the April election is here you and your staff will be a bit more professional because right now you reek of desperation.

Sincerely,

Scott

8 comments:

rogersparknative said...

Creative recycling of Moore election reminder flyers....hmmm
They might make good pooper scoopers, you can shred them up to use at the bottom of the birdcage, or to housebreak a puppy on, or you know, when the Charmin runs low...

I was totally disgusted by the flyering too. My block of North Shore was literally awash in "reminder" notices. Problem is, there are no Moore supporters on this block, especially after the El Mexicano liquor store issue. So those reminders only served to remind me to vote for Don Gordon!

Jarvis_smells_like_piss said...

hey craig,

could you remove the 'scott lane' part of the posted email? i'm getting some flack from people who know me...

thanks!

ChitownRog said...

Hey Craig,

I was pretty impressed with your election coverage yesterday. Nice work.

I'm not impressed with the email you sent to Jim Ginderske. That lacked class.

BTW.. The clock on your computer is fast.
-

INKJAR said...

spealing of trash - moore trash from 1600 pratt to the lake- do we need a slob like this for alderman

ThatGirl said...

take all of those reminders and tape them back on his office window.

Let his lackeys pick tape off glass all morning.

Anonymous said...

Now it looks like more trash will be generated due to the run off. Sorry.
I live in the Ward that was never mentioned on the news, Ward 13, unopposed Alderman Olivo. I am glad he did not bother to generate all the posters and such. You would never know there was a municipal election coming up, no need to campaign.
Good luck in the run off.

Unknown said...

I've lived through all of JoMo's campaigns and they always leave the neighborhood littered with his crap. He always seems to expect that someone else should clean up his mess. He takes the same interest in keeping the neighborhood clean of his campaign trash as he does in the interest he takes in 'his neighborhood' on a daily basis.

Craig Gernhardt said...

More Moore trash stories.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs