Thursday, March 15, 2007

* Joe Moore By The Numbers: All in a Day's Work

Moore disclosed 766 contributions to his political committee Citizens for Joe Moore between the first of last year (1/1/06) and the election (2/27/07). That's about 2 every day, including weekends and holidays.

Moore disclosed an astonishing $683,515.28 in contributions in the 14 months leading up to the primary. That's an amazing $1,612.06 per day.

Moore's annual salary of $98,125 per year works out to about $268/day. Every day, Moore raises more than 5 times as much for his political campaign as he earns on his day job, nominally working for his constituents, the residents of the 49th Ward.

With numbers like these, you can almost see how a person could lose their way, and get their priorities confused.

1 comment:

Brian said...

There's a comedy troupe called schauenfreude (they mainly perform in the logan square/wicker park area) who feature a fictional alderman named Ed Bus as part of their act.

Reading this post I was reminded of that for some reason, probably because the last time I saw them perform Ed had some very unkind words about Joe Moore.

Anyway, I just found your blog. I live in Rogers Park over by Warren Park. I picked up your RSS feed so I'll be readin'

I've been working on a post for my own blog about the building I live in. Someone in the neighborhood has been spraying "fuck condos" at various places in the back of the building :(

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs