Thursday, March 22, 2007

* What Would You Do?

Mark Brown caught something most people have missed in the whole off-duty police officer giving the whoop-down on the bartender, which was caught on tape.

What would you do if you saw someone in trouble?

From my observations in dealing with crime in Rogers Park the last few years, most of my neighbors turn their heads - and walk on by. Or they'll look to the ground like they didn't see anything happen. People driving in cars - keep driving.

I'm guessing these people don't want to get involved because they don't want to get hurt themselves. Or they don't want to fill out all the police reports and go to court only to be disappointed in the outcome.

What-ever the case, here's one report where my neighbors stood by and didn't nothing while I stuck my neck out and tried to do the right thing.

So the question today is, what would you do? I'd call 911, then get chewed out by the police! I can be thankful I didn't get the whoop-down the bartender got.

3 comments:

dbt said...

She should look on the bright side -- at least she didn't get stabbed!

Also, "journalism": my copy of the suntimes said they weren't publishing her last name by request. I happened to look over my neighbor's shoulder on the El and saw the Red Stain published her last name.

Stay classy, Trib-let.

Craig Gernhardt said...

What they're saying at Second City Cop blog.

rogerspark60645 said...

Cops stick together like old fraternity brothers. If that was a "cop bar" those other men could have been cops too. I know. I've hung out in these "cop bars" with a friend of mine who is a cop. I also wondered if perhaps the other guys thought that these two had a relationship. Either way, they're all pussies.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs